What's new

Speick stick hack

I often wished that Speick shaving sticks came in a container like other shaving sticks. Tonight I took a new Speick stick and realized it's diameter was perfect in an empty D.R. Harris Shaving stick tube so I trimmed it to length and now I have a traveling Speick stick!

Last edited:
Cool

I have a stick of Speik waiting to go in the rotation. A good container that work for sticks makes the experience of face lathering even better IMO.

Glad you found a good one for free too.

I often wished that Speick shaving sticks came in a container like other shaving sticks. Tonight I took a new Speick stick and realized it's diameter was perfect in an empty D.R. Harris Shaving stick tube so I trimmed it to length and now I have a traveling Speick stick!

I wish I had a DRHarris stick container but I've always bought their refill pucks.

I do have a nice container for the Speick stick though. It's a very old shaving stick container where the soap was a dud and got thrown out but the container is awesome.

I’ve got 2 sticks grated into container for the house, and an antique Williams’ stick container to travel with.

9B477F27-76B2-470C-86BE-F9D377B3426B.jpeg

I have even layered several scents for holiday use in one of those they are quite large for holiday use though

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I have a few vintage tubes to store my shave sticks. I try to limit them to a few opened sticks. I usually stick an almost done stick on a new shave stick to use all the product.

Nice find!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I have a few vintage tubes to store my shave sticks. I try to limit them to a few opened sticks. I usually stick an almost done stick on a new shave stick to use all the product.

Nice find!

+1 this. My Speick is in some 100-year-old tube.

AA

Yes, I did order the stick with the container but it is nothing but a useless place to put the stick after use. It most certainly does not hold the stick while using. That is what I hoped for but was disappointed. Great shave soap. Worthless holder.
Is it simply a housing that the plastic base + stick of soap can fit into? How secure is the fit? Sounds like it might possibly be a good container for travel , if the stick w/foil wrapper can be inserted and kept protected.

Is it simply a housing that the plastic base + stick of soap can fit into? How secure is the fit? Sounds like it might possibly be a good container for travel , if the stick w/foil wrapper can be inserted and kept protected.
The stick fits in the original container but loosely. It might work for travel but I didn’t feel even then the case could be secured tightly. I just wasn’t impressed with this container solution in any way.

it is entirely possible that I missed something but I just didn’t think it was with the effort to get. By that I mean I ordered it from the wonderful folks at Connaught as they were one of the few vendors that carried the stick plus container.

I liked how the Speick stick I had performed (though I never repurchased it what with so many other things to try).

I like your idea because I thought the foil on the Speick stick was kind of a pain.

I liked how the Speick stick I had performed (though I never repurchased it what with so many other things to try).

I like your idea because I thought the foil on the Speick stick was kind of a pain.
Thanks.
The D.R. Harris tube allows you to just drop in the Speick stick then trim to length.

Easy.

Some of the empty tubes are good but have a larger diameter than the Speick stick so you would need to grate the soap and pack it in the tube.

Less easy.

Have you seen those thin plastic tubes used as a case for a shaving brush? It is similar to that. There is no holder for the stick, just a plastic case to put it in with vent holes. Better to buy a stick of La Toja or LEA soap and use the case that comes with those.

If you are just looking for a container to store the stick, pill bottles work well. Heck, my pharmacy gave me a few large empty pill bottles which I drilled a bunch of holes in, sanded down the edges of the holes inside, and they became brush storage containers.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
This is timely. On this very day, I grated my Speick stick and packed it in a bowl. I'm just not a fan of shave sticks, but I really like Speick. In my opinion it is the best smelling shave stick there is.

Top Bottom