What's new

Speick Shave Stick Review Thread

Has anyone tried an empty pill bottle for travel storage? If so, let us all know how it worked/didn't work?

Has anyone tried an empty pill bottle for travel storage? If so, let us all know how it worked/didn't work?

A few days ago I posted that I have great results with an ancient Colgate (small-size, 1" diameter) shave stick tube. You can lop off the bottom of a stick (sacrificing the plastic holder), wrap the Speick stick with a little aluminum foil for grip and it fits neatly.

The large size Colgate tubes fit Arko sticks. Either size is available on the Bay for modest cost. The Williams shave stick tubes I have tried don't fit Arko but they do fit Speick, however the Colgate small tube is the best fit and most compact.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Reviewed the Speick Stick after 8 consecutive days of use. Very pleased with this product. IMO one of the finest values out there!

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I tried mine this morning (first try) and I must admit that I had higher expectations from that product. The lather was all right but not as rich as my Hemp shave stick. It was slick yes. The scent was ok. I will give it a few more tries before I just kill it...

Reviewed the Speick Stick after 8 consecutive days of use. Very pleased with this product. IMO one of the finest values out there!

+1 I also like shaving with Tabac & Irisch Moos but I can't understand that everybody is raving about Tabac and Speick is on a side show. In my book Speick is twice the quality Tabac has to offer for little more money. (I can get Tabac for 7 euro's/100 gram and Speick for 10/100 gram)

Is it the little stick that could? It does exactly what you need it to and does it well. It looks like it is going to last a long time and the smell is nice. Given the choice between Speick and Tabac, Tabac wins, but that's not to say that the Speick shouldn't be in your den.

Great little shave stick!

Top Bottom