What's new

Speick Shave soap in a tube is:

A GREAT SHAVE SOAP. :001_cool: :w00t: :thumbup:

Whilst I don't have it in the tube, Speick is not only my favorite shaving stick but actually my top 3 shaving soaps of all time!!

It is perfection in every way possible, including that intoxicating scent (which women seem to love too!).

How does the Speick shaving soap compare to the shaving cream? I have the cream but I find the performance just ok compared to other shaving creams and soaps I have tried.
I love the scent and also got the aftershave, I got the cream to match it with the aftershave but the shaving cream lack slickness and protection, it's still a good cream for the price but I was hoping it performed better and was thinking of getting the soap and maybe also do a super lather with the shaving cream.

Any feedbacks on the soap vs the cream in terms of glide and protection?

How does the Speick shaving soap compare to the shaving cream? I have the cream but I find the performance just ok compared to other shaving creams and soaps I have tried.
I love the scent and also got the aftershave, I got the cream to match it with the aftershave but the shaving cream lack slickness and protection, it's still a good cream for the price but I was hoping it performed better and was thinking of getting the soap and maybe also do a super lather with the shaving cream.

Any feedbacks on the soap vs the cream in terms of glide and protection?

I love both, although I like the soap a bit more. Speick is one of the creams I finished the whole tube. This was several years ago and I recall the performance being as good as proraso and other creams.
I'm getting a new tube of this cream in the next few days will report back

I've been trying out various creams and soaps in my meagre den the past week or so, test driving them along with various hardware to see which one works best in preparation for a weeklong trip to Alberta for a wedding in a week and a half.
I've had several criteria needed. Ease of packing, quick and easy face lathering and performance.
Speick stick wins hands down. I tried La Toja stick, a mutant hybrid of Williams, Mitchell's and Arko remnants in stick form and Cella in the tub. Creams tested were La Toja, and Godrej Menthol Mist.
The ease of use was key as I'll be stuck sharing a bathroom with four other family members and spending my usual inordinate amount of time shaving might not be an option (not to mention being considerate to others regarding the time I regularly make noise in my own washroom).
Speick stick lathers quickly and a small amount works just perfectly. I've also discovered something I've not noticed before. Rubbing the stick into my beard, it actually lathers as I'm applying the stick. This is the second stick of Speick I've used and never paid much attention before to this, but unlike other sticks it strangely foams up as you apply the stick, and not sits there waiting for the brush. Weird, but effective.
Speick is going into my travel bag. I wish this was as easy as choosing which razor goes in (leaning towards a combo of Gillette Tech and Valet SE) and after shave choices (The Veg...in close quarters??).

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Yours was the exact reason I first got introduced to Speick. 5-6 years ago when I began "wet shaving" I traveled quite a bit for work, so I picked up the Speick stick for my travel bag. I instantly liked it. I don't travel much anymore so I grated my last stick into a 4" tin and Speick has been part of my permanent home rotation for the last 5 years.

Speick cream in the tube makes a good travel companion as well. (As does the bath soap... aftershave...)

Last edited:
Top Bottom