What's new

Speick products.

Last year I bought two Speick shaving stick and milled it in a litlle ceramic bowl.
I like the performance and the scent.
So last week I went shopping in Aachen (Germany) and bought the AS as well since lots of people seems to like it.
Now I was a bit disappointed at first.
It is a good AS (performance) but the scent was completely different from the shaving stick. The AS settles down very quickly to the scent of citrus fructose while the shaving stick is more potent and the scent is more herbal.
I wouldn't have recognized the AS if I was blindfolded.
Nevertheless, I'm happy that I bought this one since it is the ideal AS (barely noticeable after a little while) to combine with any cologne/EdT.

How do the other products of Speick relate to each other? Do the soap, cream and cologne smell the same as the AS or more like the shaving stick?
Does the cologne linger longer than the AS?

The shaving cream smells IMO very similar to the shaving stick. I wasn't aware they manufacture a shaving soap however. I haven't tried the cologne yet.

The shaving cream smells IMO very similar to the shaving stick. I wasn't aware they manufacture a shaving soap however. I haven't tried the cologne yet.

No, they don't have a shaving soap.
But they do have a bath soap and that's the one I was referring to.

But as the shaving cream is very similar to the sticks then it is contradictory to the statements in the reviews where people do find it similar to the AS/cologne.
I'm puzzled now. :confused1

Damn, next time I go to Aachen I will open all the boxes. :sneaky2:

I also thought that the AS smelled different from the cream (which is supposedly the same as the soap stick), but that was actually a good thing! I really didnt' like the smell of the cream, but the smell of the splash is wonderful.

I really like the shave stick and the AS splash. I have a tube of the shave cream but I wasn't as impressed as other folks have been.

I find the tallow smells different than the cream, which smells different from the After Shave, which smells different from the cologne, which smells different from the soap...
I don't know why there is such a variation, but I do find it a little disappointing since I just bought a load of Speick stuff because I loved the tallow stick so much. I agree with you that it does smell more herbal than the others.

I do still like the scents of the After shave lotion, which is quite mild, as you said. I've been wearing the cologne daily, and while it's not quite what I had hoped for, it's still nice and, what my wife described as "manly". Now I just have to wonder what she thought I smelled like before!

Here's the thread where I've been running though the load o' Speick I got on Friday.

I've tried a mini bath soap/travel version, and I found the scent a very subdued spiciness that I really enjoyed. Then I got a free sample of a sort of body cream that was much stronger and spicier, which kind of took me by surprise. If the shave stick smells like the bath soap then I'd be interested in trying it, but if it smells like this body lotion I might have to pass.

As a Speick fan, I'll say that I can pretty much pick up the signature Speick scent in all of the products I've tried. But I've had to look for it in some of the stuff.

The bath soap is my favorite version of the scent (maybe because it's the most unadulterated?). The Shave Stick and Cream are good too, just not as robust as the bath soap.

The AS is a really a good performer and I love it, but it only has a hint of the bath soap smell tucked in with some other stuff that smells pretty good but different than the soap...and it fades quickly like a well behaved splash should.

The Balm smells almost nothing like the others. It's a great performer, but the scent is very clinical, IMO. There's just a wisp of the Speick smell buried under some kind of dough-like lotiony smell...probably something to do with its all natural, magic herbs and Speicky delightfulness. It's clear that it's not full of perfumes.

My biggest bummer of the line was the EDC. On me, the stuff is gone in a heartbeat. I like the scent, although it's very light and not quite the same as the soap. It dries down and vanishes WAY too fast. To the point where I don't bother spending money on it anymore because the bath soap lasts longer on my skin.

If all of their products smelled like the bath soap, I would use Speick products as my day to day M-F gear. Currently, I Speick up about 40% of the time.

I'd like to try their deoderant stick. Anyone know how similar it is to the bath soap?

I've tried a mini bath soap/travel version, and I found the scent a very subdued spiciness that I really enjoyed. Then I got a free sample of a sort of body cream that was much stronger and spicier, which kind of took me by surprise. If the shave stick smells like the bath soap then I'd be interested in trying it, but if it smells like this body lotion I might have to pass.

IMO, the stick is similar but maybe slightly subdued compared to the bath soap. I like the Speick sticks a lot. They give nice shaves.

Ok, it was not my imagination then and the different products do have different scents in a way.

How is the bath soap? I'm using Claus Porto right now and I have probably enough soap for at least 5 more years but I have lots of spare room to stock. :wink2:
Is it moisturizing?

Ok, it was not my imagination then and the different products do have different scents in a way.

How is the bath soap? I'm using Claus Porto right now and I have probably enough soap for at least 5 more years but I have lots of spare room to stock. :wink2:
Is it moisturizing?

The main thing about Speick's bath soap to me is it's scent. I love it. I know it's not for everyone, but it's definitely for me. It gives good lather, rinses nicely, and the bar itself lasts a reasonably long while. And, if you're into these things, it's supposedly made of only the finest natural ingredients.

I don't think there's anything too special in terms of decadence or luxury about the Speick soap. It doesn't dry my skin out like many bar soaps, but I've definitely used higher end soaps that had a more moisturizing effect.

Top Bottom