What's new

Speick Men Active soap

I've heard that Speick soaps are good, but I need a second or third opinion on this one. I have plenty of soaps and creams and I was thinking about not getting anymore, but I can get those for less than 6$ each from a local buy and sell website and I just couldn't pass on that offer, but I also need to know if it's worth the hussle or not.

speick-men-active-sapun-za-brasnene-150-gr-image_6038d97f773c4_1280x1280.jpeg

I have tried both the stick and this soap. I prefer the ingredients of the stick, but both soaps get the job done. I like how flat and broad the bowl is, makes loading the soap easier than e.g. the Cella bowls. Also you can toss in a shaving stick when you have used up (part of) the soap and the stick fits without pressing.
The "active" line is COSMOS-certified, their non-"active" line isn't.

The seller said that he has only 4 soaps and I bought all of them. At such a low price and free delivery, I just couldn't resist. Even if I end up not liking it, I can always sell or trade the rest of the soaps for something else. I guess I didn't get empty handed from the Black Friday after all.

The seller said that he has only 4 soaps and I bought all of them. At such a low price and free delivery, I just couldn't resist. Even if I end up not liking it, I can always sell or trade the rest of the soaps for something else. I guess I didn't get empty handed from the Black Friday after all.
looking forward to reading your review on it :)

I bought this soap a couple of times here, in fact, I used it last night because I wanted to empty and keep the bowl (only a little soap was left).

It is a soft soap (croap), and in my experience you can eat up the soap rather quickly (compared to tabac or arko for example).

It is not a bad shaving soap, but it feels more like a moisturizing cream, rather than a shaving soap. It contains Aloe vera juice, and I think that this keeps the lather from being slick, in fact, it makes it a bit sticky, at least this has been my experience, and this becomes more pronounced when going against the grain in particular. On the plus side, the scent is great, and it feels very good and nourishing on the skin, I like leaving the remaining lather on my face and just let my skin absorb it.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I bought this a while ago like some one else said you'll go through a puck in no time. To me the scent is a beautiful clean citrus smell and the post shave feeling it leaves on your face is second to none. I bought the golone I liked the scent that much. Looking forward to see what your opinion is on it.

I bought this a while ago like some one else said you'll go through a puck in no time. To me the scent is a beautiful clean citrus smell and the post shave feeling it leaves on your face is second to none. I bought the golone I liked the scent that much. Looking forward to see what your opinion is on it.

I haven't used mine yet, since I have way too many opened creams and soaps and that bothers me, but I guess it would take years before I finish all of them. I will use it tonight and see how it goes.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I have not tried the Speick cream but I can tell you the stick they make is a nice spicy scent with excellent lather qualities.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I haven't used mine yet, since I have way too many opened creams and soaps and that bothers me, but I guess it would take years before I finish all of them. I will use it tonight and see how it goes.
I hope you find it as enjoyable as I do like said its the scent and post feel that does it for me. After I finish my shave I squeeze whats left on the brush and face wash with it I leave it on for a minute or so. I found it really helps with the post shave feel I do the same with most of my soaps and creams especially MWF and the Speick active.

I hope you find it as enjoyable as I do like said its the scent and post feel that does it for me. After I finish my shave I squeeze whats left on the brush and face wash with it I leave it on for a minute or so. I found it really helps with the post shave feel I do the same with most of my soaps and creams especially MWF and the Speick active.
How do you lather this?

I have struggled with that quite a bit, in the end I simply remove a fix amount of soap and make the lather in a bowl. If I bloom the puck, a lot of soap dissolves, and if I go directly with a wet brush, it is hard to tell when I should stop loading.

Also, initially my lather is fluffy and creamy, but then it becomes just creamy, and I cannot get it fluffy again!

I know, these all sound like very serious problems 😂

I just had my first shave and I do agree with others about the moisturizing effect that it has. I've heard somewhere that the smell is similar to Sprite/Seven Up and it really is. It's very easy to lather and it feels like it adds a bit extra protection as well as slickness. However, like someone previously said, the residual sickness is almost non existent, but it's not that bad. Overall I think it's a very nice soap, especially for what i've paid.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
How do you lather this?

I have struggled with that quite a bit, in the end I simply remove a fix amount of soap and make the lather in a bowl. If I bloom the puck, a lot of soap dissolves, and if I go directly with a wet brush, it is hard to tell when I should stop loading.

Also, initially my lather is fluffy and creamy, but then it becomes just creamy, and I cannot get it fluffy again!

I know, these all sound like very serious problems 😂
I just face lather as usual just swirl a slightly wet synthetic brush around the puck then start face lathering adding water as needed till I get the right consistency ;)

I haven't tried their "active" line but I trust Speick to make a good product.
Indeed!
I prefer the ingredients of the stick, but both soaps get the job done. I like how flat and broad the bowl is, makes loading the soap easier than e.g. the Cella bowls.
To me the scent is a beautiful clean citrus smell and the post shave feeling it leaves on your face is second to none.
It's very easy to lather and it feels like it adds a bit extra protection as well as slickness. However, like someone previously said, the residual sickness is almost non existent, but it's not that bad. Overall I think it's a very nice soap, especially for what i've paid.
I used the stick and the Active and generally agree with all of the above. I'd buy it again because it's a nice mild scent, is very moisturizing and is a trusted brand. Of course it's not a high-end product but great bargain. 👍👍

Top Bottom