What's new

Speick AS balm

Has anyone tried this, is it any good? I see Alcohol is in the ingredients, which I do not like, but hopefully it is not too much. How does the smell compare to regular Speick shave stick. For 100ml (3.5 oz) at about $18 it seems a bit pricey. I currently use CVS Blade (private label of Nivea sensitive balm), that is 5 oz for about $5.50, my chief complaint is that it can be slightly greasy and also it lacks a nice scent

I have used only the splash, but I am confident you won't feel any effect from the alcohol contained in the balm. Speick has one of the best ingredients list you can find at any price.

Here's a description from the website:
Speick rich after shave balsam for refreshing, nourishing skin care after shaving. Witch-hazel extract, bisabolol (the active ingredient in camomile) and marigold extract from biologically regulated cultivation soothe sensitive skin and help prevent irritation.

Enriched with moisturising Aloe Vera gel from biologically regulated cultivation and precious avocado oil for silky smooth skin. A spicy, fragrant blend of essential oils and menthol invigorate the senses.

Each Speick product contains the harmonising extract of the high alpine Speick plant, certified as controlled biological wild harvesting (kb). Speick Men: 100% free from colours, preservatives and mineral oil-based ingredients. Gluten- and lactose-free. Dermatologically and allergologically tested.

Ingredients:
Aqua Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Alcohol Glycerin Hamamelis Virginiana Leaf Water Cetearyl Alcohol Glyceryl Stearate Citrate Sucrose Stearate Parfum Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract Valeriana Celtica Extract Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil Echinacea Angustifolia Leaf Extract Mel Bisabolol Panthenol Tocopherol Menthol Xanthan Gum Galactoarabinan Glyceryl Caprylate Citral, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool

I have used only the splash, but I am confident you won't feel any effect from the alcohol contained in the balm. Speick has one of the best ingredients list you can find at any price.

Here's a description from the website:
Speick rich after shave balsam for refreshing, nourishing skin care after shaving. Witch-hazel extract, bisabolol (the active ingredient in camomile) and marigold extract from biologically regulated cultivation soothe sensitive skin and help prevent irritation.

Enriched with moisturising Aloe Vera gel from biologically regulated cultivation and precious avocado oil for silky smooth skin. A spicy, fragrant blend of essential oils and menthol invigorate the senses.

Each Speick product contains the harmonising extract of the high alpine Speick plant, certified as controlled biological wild harvesting (kb). Speick Men: 100% free from colours, preservatives and mineral oil-based ingredients. Gluten- and lactose-free. Dermatologically and allergologically tested.

Ingredients:
Aqua Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Alcohol Glycerin Hamamelis Virginiana Leaf Water Cetearyl Alcohol Glyceryl Stearate Citrate Sucrose Stearate Parfum Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract Valeriana Celtica Extract Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil Echinacea Angustifolia Leaf Extract Mel Bisabolol Panthenol Tocopherol Menthol Xanthan Gum Galactoarabinan Glyceryl Caprylate Citral, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool

Oh, i didn't realize it contains Menthol. Dealbreaker for me

Oh, i didn't realize it contains Menthol. Dealbreaker for me

I don't like menthol and didn't really notice it in this balm. The balm is one of my favorites. I'm not sure what other Spieck products it smells like. I've only had the shave cream, other than the balm, and can't recall how close they are in scent.

I don't like menthol and didn't really notice it in this balm. The balm is one of my favorites. I'm not sure what other Spieck products it smells like. I've only had the shave cream, other than the balm, and can't recall how close they are in scent.

Good to know. Thank you

As of right now it's my favorite balm.
Leaves the skin very soft. I also didn't realize it had menthol.
I like the balm so much that the Intensive (moisturizer) Cream is also on my to buy list.
As for the scent I can't really describe it. Smells a little "citrusy" to me. I'm not in love with it but the performance tops the scent for me.

I just received a tub. Smells very nice. I like the menthol and alcohol ingredients so I may keep this in my rotation.

Fantastic balm. Has menthol but barely noticeable. Has a lemony/lavendar scent. My favourite and go to. Love it!

I'm using it currently and should recommend it without reservation.
Excellent performance, not heavy or greasy, has a light, pleasant lemony-herbal scent.
Menthol is definitely not a top-note. I don't really notice it.
I don't have the shaving stick but the balm smells very much like the after-shave lotion.

I am now using the splash and balm. One factor for me is that the products are readily available as opposed to some artisans which I really like but are harder to get. The Speick price is not bad, I know where to get it, and I know what I am getting.

I love Spieck aftershave balm, and I don't like any alcohol burn (it has none). I don't notice any menthol cooling, either. It's a minty lavenderish scent that is great, and it balms/moisturizes well. I always have a tube of this around. 5/5 stars.

Top Bottom