What's new

speick active vs original?

I'm a huge fan of Speick - I use their shaving cream, shaving stick and aftershave lotion in the "Men" line

I haven't tried their "active men" line. Can anyone compare the two for me in terms of scent and performance for at least the shaving creams?

Thanks

Active soap is a soft soap instead of the hard soap used in the Original shaving stick.

Active soap and cream are stearic acid + coconut oil base (no tallow), quite similar to the Original cream. Original shaving stick has tallow base.

Scent of the active is more "youthful" citrus with speick plant extract. Original is traditional lavender with speick plant extract.

Had a tub of Speick Men a while back. The scent is fairly lighter than the original and as mentioned more citrusy almost has a 7411 vibe. The texture is a bit similar to Tabula Rasa, perhaps a tad firmer but not a typical cream texture.

I love the "men" shaving cream (light blue metal tube). The active soap has a different but nice citrus scent, but it is far behind in terms of slickness. It was a disappointment to me. I just tried the "active" shaving cream, performance is similar to the blue tube, the scent is again different to both (the blue tube and the active soap), not bad, but I prefer the scent of the other two. Oh and the "active" tube is plastic, not metal.

The active shave soap in a tub....will "vanish" evaporate over time. I used mine x2-3 put it aside and then months later 50% was gone.....shrinks. Won't buy ever again

Top Bottom