What's new

Speed vs adjustable

The white and blue truck pulled up this morning and a couple of razors that I scored on eBay arrived including a really nice super speed (rocket) that I picked up out of a curiosity to give it a try.The razor only looked so-so until I got at it with the toothbrush and 55 years of crud fell away leaving me with a damn fine looking razor, I loaded her up and took her out for a test ride and I was quite surprised at the blade exposure, My regular date is a '59 fatboy and my guess would be that the equivalent on the adjustable is at least a #7 I also suspect that the angle or geometry is a bit different too on the SS.

Jim

Jim

The 1940's Superspeed & Rocket are nickel plated - as you say they normally clean up really well, a great finish for a razor IMV.

I would say a Fat Boy adjustable on a setting of 4 is equivalent to that razor.
Did you like the shave? - you didn't really say.

Regards
John

yasuo200365 said:
Jim

The 1940's Superspeed & Rocket are nickel plated - as you say they normally clean up really well, a great finish for a razor IMV.

I would say a Fat Boy adjustable on a setting of 4 is equivalent to that razor.
Did you like the shave? - you didn't really say.

Regards
John

Hey John
Yes I did very much like the shave but no way was this razor a 4, my tech razor would be a 3-4 equivalent- anyway thanks for the feedback.

Just a quick update :blushing:
I took aforesaid super out for a run today and I am going to have to eat some crow, It was not as aggressive as I first thought, I concentrated on the angle off attack and sure as the sun rises I was going in to deep, The head is a little thinner than my adjustables. I really took my time and I got an outrageous shave this morning.

Jim

Top Bottom