What's new
  • The Annual Sue Moore Auction is now running from 19 - 21 October. Every year proceeds from this auction and all monies raised go directly to the National Breast Cancer Foundation. Please take a look at the items that are available this year, as there is sure to be something of interest to everyone!

Speed vs adjustable

The white and blue truck pulled up this morning and a couple of razors that I scored on eBay arrived including a really nice super speed (rocket) that I picked up out of a curiosity to give it a try.The razor only looked so-so until I got at it with the toothbrush and 55 years of crud fell away leaving me with a damn fine looking razor, I loaded her up and took her out for a test ride and I was quite surprised at the blade exposure, My regular date is a '59 fatboy and my guess would be that the equivalent on the adjustable is at least a #7 I also suspect that the angle or geometry is a bit different too on the SS.

Jim

Jim

The 1940's Superspeed & Rocket are nickel plated - as you say they normally clean up really well, a great finish for a razor IMV.

I would say a Fat Boy adjustable on a setting of 4 is equivalent to that razor.
Did you like the shave? - you didn't really say.

Regards
John

yasuo200365 said:
Jim

The 1940's Superspeed & Rocket are nickel plated - as you say they normally clean up really well, a great finish for a razor IMV.

I would say a Fat Boy adjustable on a setting of 4 is equivalent to that razor.
Did you like the shave? - you didn't really say.

Regards
John

Hey John
Yes I did very much like the shave but no way was this razor a 4, my tech razor would be a 3-4 equivalent- anyway thanks for the feedback.

Just a quick update :blushing:
I took aforesaid super out for a run today and I am going to have to eat some crow, It was not as aggressive as I first thought, I concentrated on the angle off attack and sure as the sun rises I was going in to deep, The head is a little thinner than my adjustables. I really took my time and I got an outrageous shave this morning.

Jim

Top Bottom