What's new

speed up healing or razor burn?

is there anything i can do like lotions or balms and stuff like that to make it heal faster. i still have it from my first shave ut now that ive got more skill that when its gone i dont think shaving everyday after it heals would bring it back. so any ideas?

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
The best way to overcome this problem is to improve your technique to eliminate razor burn all together. I achieved that by learning to straight razor shave.

M

mtcn77

Alum block helps. Also, before a shave I wet my face with vinegar. It is pretty antiseptic. It has an added benefit of stinging in the event that your face hasn't healed from your previous shave fully. It shouldn't sting at all, normally - if there is any stinging, you don't shave.
Luckily, your face heals faster with these antiseptic precautions and you don't have to wait a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it gets that bad for me I just wait a few days for the next have. The wait alone will force me to shave better since I enjoy my shaves that much.

I can’t really offer anything that hasn’t already been said, other than to encourage you to stick with it. At first I thought redness and irritation was a standard part of double edge shaving, so as a result I only shaved every other day. Well after much trial and much error I have found which products agree with my face. This coupled with an (always) improving technique has allowed me to shave every day. Stick with it. You will be happy once you get to the good place, wherever that may be for you.

M

mtcn77

I also have a technique that is helpful, I start of with steep passes followed by shallow passes. This way the razor blade works in progressively reduced beard. If you attack all at once with standard 30° shaving, sometimes my beard gets nicked at the hair follicle; therefore I first keep the handle very close to my face to preserve those tissue around the beard and then, progressively incline it until the optimal angle is reached to make the final touch up.

Lucky Tiger (no alcohol) is my go-to splash after a ’rough shave.’ Then I apply a good moisturizer.

Technique is the key to long-term improvement (as noted above), especially:
#1. NO pressure, and
#2. Maintaining an optimal razor angle.

Unfortunately, it is easier said than done until you develop a bit of muscle memory.

Stick with this and you will get the results you want! :a29:

Nivea shave balm for sensitive skin is soothing after a rough shave, it's my go to after shave. I do use some others, but that's the most soothing one I've used, and my face likes it, even if not irritated. There are a lot of different skin types, techniques for shaving, and skin reactions to different ingredients, in regard to stuff we put on our face. So with a lot of variables, what helps one person, may, or may not help another. The Nivea balm is worth a try, and most likely will not make any irritation worse, it works for a lot of people.

This will do the trick !
ppppp.JPG

Gonna throw my 2 cents here.

So what do I do, I'm a daily shaver now(yay for me) but I have a cheat that helps my skin heal faster, because otherwise my skin can't handle it. I do BBS everyday and that takes a toll on the skin. So here's what I do in steps:
1: Wet the face.
2: Wash face with hand/body soap (MWF)
3: Rinse off soap
4: Rinse face with cold(the coldest) water
5: Apply alum block to disinfect again(even though you did it earlier during the day), believe me it stings again
6: Dry off
7: Wait till face is completely dry and then rub lanolin on it(MWF pure lanolin)

You could substitute lanolin for pig fat, also gets the job done. Ever since I've been young I've found that animal fats have great healing and nourishing qualities. Hope this might help. Happy shaves!

M

mtcn77

animal fats
Animal fats contain cholesterol which is a steroid precursor. Even your liver needs it to replenish itself.
Your body's leak-proofness requires a lot of cholesterol, too - lipid rafts are cholesterol band aids for your cell membranes.

Top Bottom