What's new

Speed Stick Original

I recently ran into a problem. I was running low on deodorant. I have been using Okd Spice High endurance Classic scent for at least 10 years now. So, faced with the prospect of making a second stop with my 3.5 year old in tow, I strayed from convention and selected two new deodorants to try.

I let the little guy get in on the sniffing. Our favorite scent was speed stick original. I’ve smelled this through the years, I can pretty much pick it out in a lineup of sweaty folks on subway car in July. This is the first time i thought about the scent, and realized it is a delightfully distinct bright fougere. So delightful, to my nose, that I found myself wishing there’s was a matching shave soap and EdT...

So, any recommendations?

i just tried the green Aqua Velva Sport Cologne for the first time and i really like it alot....it's a smell that reminds me of something from the 1980's but i can't figure it out, very bright and fresh and along the lines of what you're describing.

the only place you can get it in the USA is on amazon in a gift set. comes with regular blue aqua velva and a williams puck.

proxy.php

M

Member 113878

I like Speed stick scent too.
I think Skin Bracer is a close match.

I have a lot of scents in my collection. I just smelled several options side by side with speed stick original.

Skin Bracer is a great option and easiest to get ahold of. However I think Barbasol Brisk is actually closer to Speed Stick and a little more powerful of a scent. Aqua Velva Musk is a little less obvious of a choice but still great and probably longer lasting. The fanciest one of the bunch is Canoe. It's a good match and is more of a traditional cologne.

From the advice already given and from old threads Skin Bracer is the match for the Speed Stick. They are supposedly the same scent.

Hope that helps.

Chris

Original "green" Speed Stick will always remind me of playing in little league baseball because it was the first deodorant I ever used.

At some point in my 20's I noticed that solids work better for me, and now whenever I go back to a stick (I LOVE the original Old Spice stick scent) I find that I get a burning feeling from them. Weird.

Also, I don't find it that close to Skin Bracer imho.

Mennen must've considered them a matched scent. :D
proxy.php

(maybe it's the menthol in the SB that throws it off, once that drys down, they are extremely close!)

My first deodorant too lol, used for most of my life. For past 20 years speed stick Musk. Speed stick is a true classic:)

I have a Speed Stick as a backup. Lately, though, I've been using one of the clinical deodorants, Suave's version, because I like my clothes to look clean, and the weather here is a sweat generator most of the year.

Top Bottom