What's new

Special Birthday SOTD

Status
Not open for further replies.
20210119_102608.jpg

65th birthday shave

Decided to use some of my favourite shave products to start the day.

Preshave Bulldog face wash and Proraso preshave cream

Shave cream EJ aloe Vera

Brush Semogue boar

Razor Muhle Rocca with treet blade (S2)

Post shave alum block Old Spice and Proraso white post shave cream

Result- nice smooth shave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
65th birthday shave

Decided to use some of my favourite shave products to start the day.

Preshave Bulldog face wash and Proraso preshave cream

Shave cream EJ aloe Vera

Brush Semogue boar

Razor Muhle Rocca with treet blade (S2)

Post shave alum block Old Spice and Proraso white post shave cream

Result- nice smooth shave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Happy birthday, have a great day 👍

ADED5926-BD50-4210-BE04-8A36096B2CC2.jpeg

SOTD THURSDAY MORNING, FEBRUARY 4, 2021

Today is my birthday and this morning’s shave is dedicated to my lovely second wife, Lauren, whose birthday was yesterday. Lauren and I lost our respective first spouses to cancer during November and December of 2012. Lauren had been married for 28 yrs and I’d been married for 42 years. We will be married for five years this June. In her honor I selected two incredible shaving tools. My very early Cast Steel H. Boker French Point and my refurbished Schick F Type injector were the perfect razors for my mug and dome shaves respectively. I do love the way this old Boker feels in hand, and after two pasted and one leather stropping easily swept away my mug whiskers in three, easy passes with the Traveling Wilburys “Handle with Care” playing in the background.

The huge MrEE Monster Aluminum Handled Tuxedo Synth is a lathering beast that easily generated the thin, slick facial lather that the old Boker glided through on its three pass whisker obliteration mission. The following bowl lathering exercise could have kept three barbers supplied, but resulted in the overly generous, thick, protective lather carpet I prefer for my dome shaves. The old F Type used for the dome shave accompanied my neighbor’s Marine Officer father through the Pacific. It saved his life on Bougainville where it along with the rest of his mess kit was severely damaged blocking shrapnel from a Japanese grenade. It was restored for me by the very able Tom White (@twhite) and now delivers an excellent shave again. I'm grateful to be a cancer survivor pushing three quarters of a century. The Krampert’s Frostbite AS Splash was the perfect ending, leaving me feeling cool, clean, and velveteen smooth on this beautiful, cold, sunny Philadelphia day! I wish the Lord’s Grace and health to all my shave brothers and sisters!

RAZOR: H. Boker Cast Steel French Point (Mug), Schick F Type
BLADE: Schick Proline B-20 Injector
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE Aluminum Handle Monster Tuxedo Synth
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Krampert’s Frostbite AS Splash.

Eben Stone

Staff member
View attachment 1218003

SOTD THURSDAY MORNING, FEBRUARY 4, 2021

Today is my birthday and this morning’s shave is dedicated to my lovely second wife, Lauren, whose birthday was yesterday. Lauren and I lost our respective first spouses to cancer during November and December of 2012. Lauren had been married for 28 yrs and I’d been married for 42 years. We will be married for five years this June. In her honor I selected two incredible shaving tools. My very early Cast Steel H. Boker French Point and my refurbished Schick F Type injector were the perfect razors for my mug and dome shaves respectively. I do love the way this old Boker feels in hand, and after two pasted and one leather stropping easily swept away my mug whiskers in three, easy passes with the Traveling Wilburys “Handle with Care” playing in the background.

The huge MrEE Monster Aluminum Handled Tuxedo Synth is a lathering beast that easily generated the thin, slick facial lather that the old Boker glided through on its three pass whisker obliteration mission. The following bowl lathering exercise could have kept three barbers supplied, but resulted in the overly generous, thick, protective lather carpet I prefer for my dome shaves. The old F Type used for the dome shave accompanied my neighbor’s Marine Officer father through the Pacific. It saved his life on Bougainville where it along with the rest of his mess kit was severely damaged blocking shrapnel from a Japanese grenade. It was restored for me by the very able Tom White (@twhite) and now delivers an excellent shave again. I'm grateful to be a cancer survivor pushing three quarters of a century. The Krampert’s Frostbite AS Splash was the perfect ending, leaving me feeling cool, clean, and velveteen smooth on this beautiful, cold, sunny Philadelphia day! I wish the Lord’s Grace and health to all my shave brothers and sisters!

RAZOR: H. Boker Cast Steel French Point (Mug), Schick F Type
BLADE: Schick Proline B-20 Injector
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE Aluminum Handle Monster Tuxedo Synth
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Krampert’s Frostbite AS Splash.

Happy Birthday!

Happy bday to me
Turn 60 , unreal

Good guy striving to finish my life dedicated to God
SR shave, # 25,,, amazing
Thiers Issard razor 6/8, ( Wolf and Sheep) finished on shubu mizu asagi, (top stone)
Amazing bbs, smooth and sharp

4th shave after finishing on stone
Simply amazing shave,,,
Worthy of my bday[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]
proxy.php

Eben Stone

Staff member
Happy bday to me
Turn 60 , unreal

Good guy striving to finish my life dedicated to God
SR shave, # 25,,, amazing
Thiers Issard razor 6/8, ( Wolf and Sheep) finished on shubu mizu asagi, (top stone)
Amazing bbs, smooth and sharp

4th shave after finishing on stone
Simply amazing shave,,,
Worthy of my bday[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]
proxy.php

Happy birthday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom