What's new

Special Birthday SOTD

Status
Not open for further replies.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Better late than never!

Back when I was still working, I did a lot of shaving in the shower. Around the end of November in 2017 @JeffJ was offering up some Bic Metal disposable razors. I was the lucky recipient!

For those who don't know, it is a single blade, but very close....if not the most comfortable! It'll remind you that it's sharp if'n you ain't careful!

So my birthday was Tuesday, and I both stunk and needed a shave if I was going out to a drivethru with the War Department!

We had a great time! A little wren? even ate outta my hand, twice, tho I only got it on phone video once.

Anyway, I've lost count of how many shaves that razor has delivered. I assume I'm the only one who uses it! BUT IT IS THE SAME RAZOR, 3 AND A HALF YEARS LATER! Unbelievable. And it still sits in the shower!

Thanks Jeff J ! Sincerely, Dave.

Better late than never!

Back when I was still working, I did a lot of shaving in the shower. Around the end of November in 2017 @JeffJ was offering up some Bic Metal disposable razors. I was the lucky recipient!

For those who don't know, it is a single blade, but very close....if not the most comfortable! It'll remind you that it's sharp if'n you ain't careful!

So my birthday was Tuesday, and I both stunk and needed a shave if I was going out to a drivethru with the War Department!

We had a great time! A little wren? even ate outta my hand, twice, tho I only got it on phone video once.

Anyway, I've lost count of how many shaves that razor has delivered. I assume I'm the only one who uses it! BUT IT IS THE SAME RAZOR, 3 AND A HALF YEARS LATER! Unbelievable. And it still sits in the shower!

Thanks Jeff J ! Sincerely, Dave.

Thanks for the shout out and for connecting the dots for me. Glad they have worked out. And, Happy belated birthday!

Yesterday was my birthday; my shave was with:

Soap: Stirling Orange Chill
Brush: Rudy Vey B&B 2011 butterscotch w/ I think a TGN knot
Razor: Dovo En Vouge 5/8 SS
AS: Thayer's Super Hazel (my last bottle- saving it a bit)
Post shave: TOBS after shave lotion

The shave was quite nice, but my lather was off a tad. Stirling is new to me, I usually use MWF. I'll try again later. At 67 years now, and being in the COVID high-risk group, each birthday is truly special.

2020-08-31

Ikea Bowl ¤ SOC Boar, Taj Resin ¤ Gillette Slim Adj. + 7 o'clock SharpEdge
Proraso Soap, Sandalwood ¤ Proraso Sandalwood Aftershave

proxy.php

Monday 9/7/20

Brush: Made Rite Pure Bristle #5
Cream: J.M. Fraser's
Razor: '52 Super Speed
Blade: Derby Extra
A/S: Barbasol Brisk
Cologne / Fragrance: Bowling Green

Mike

MY BIRTHDAY SHAVE 09.12.2020
DCB92025-EBA8-4B52-AADD-D65B0E2A2FFB.jpeg

1960 Fatboy Adjustable (F-4 date code) // PolSilver SI (3) // Omega EVO Titano // Ariana & Evans KAIZEN Spartacus // Fine Platinum AS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom