What's new

Special Birthday SOTD

Status
Not open for further replies.
0FFB8672-21C0-4397-9277-FB2367AB11DD.jpeg
081B57C7-6A86-4EBC-B4A3-5A81E9975299.jpeg

Birthday SOTD 02/04/20

Wonderful celebration of SWMBO’s birthday last night. Great workout shave this morning with my new SS Synthetic brush birthday present from Classic Shaving. It weighs 15.8 oz which doesn’t sound like much until you start waving it around during the lathering process. One of the pleasures of this month’s focus is the continuing use of MWF, just an incredible soap. I don’t know if it’s the regular post shave wash with brush squeezings or just the daily lathering process itself, but my skin on both noggin and face feel great after four days use. I wonder how I’ll feel at the end of 29 days continuous use?

In any case, a stellar shave for my birthday with one of my favorite razors - the GE Jones Shake Sharp Mark 2.0 in nickel. After stacking two original Polish Wizamet Super Iridium blades, I lathered up with my M-Bomb salted MWF, following my regular scrub with PAA’s Preshave Cube of my dome and face. My Shake Sharp sang as it mowed down the whiskers right to the skin line on that first WTG pass. I sometimes wonder if it’s possible to cut oneself with this razor. It hasn’t happened yet. The second ATG pass really only consisted of some scattered buffing cleanup! The Shake Sharp is highly efficient with these sharp blades, but not to the point of irritation as my alum block revealed. The only time I experienced any irritation with this razor was when I used stacked Feather blades. In any case, a stellar one and a half pass DFS shave for my birthday with one of my favorite razors! I feel clean, smooooth and refreshed.

RAZOR: GE Jones Nickel Plated Shake Sharp Mark 2.0
BLADE: 2 Stacked Wizamet Super Iridium
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with PAA’s Cube Preshave Soap
BRUSH: Rearden Razor 316L SS Synthetic
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Thayers Lavender WH and finished with Fine Accoutrements Snake Bite AS Splash

View attachment 1059472View attachment 1059473
Birthday SOTD 02/04/20

Wonderful celebration of SWMBO’s birthday last night. Great workout shave this morning with my new SS Synthetic brush birthday present from Classic Shaving. It weighs 15.8 oz which doesn’t sound like much until you start waving it around during the lathering process. One of the pleasures of this month’s focus is the continuing use of MWF, just an incredible soap. I don’t know if it’s the regular post shave wash with brush squeezings or just the daily lathering process itself, but my skin on both noggin and face feel great after four days use. I wonder how I’ll feel at the end of 29 days continuous use?

In any case, a stellar shave for my birthday with one of my favorite razors - the GE Jones Shake Sharp Mark 2.0 in nickel. After stacking two original Polish Wizamet Super Iridium blades, I lathered up with my M-Bomb salted MWF, following my regular scrub with PAA’s Preshave Cube of my dome and face. My Shake Sharp sang as it mowed down the whiskers right to the skin line on that first WTG pass. I sometimes wonder if it’s possible to cut oneself with this razor. It hasn’t happened yet. The second ATG pass really only consisted of some scattered buffing cleanup! The Shake Sharp is highly efficient with these sharp blades, but not to the point of irritation as my alum block revealed. The only time I experienced any irritation with this razor was when I used stacked Feather blades. In any case, a stellar one and a half pass DFS shave for my birthday with one of my favorite razors! I feel clean, smooooth and refreshed.

RAZOR: GE Jones Nickel Plated Shake Sharp Mark 2.0
BLADE: 2 Stacked Wizamet Super Iridium
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with PAA’s Cube Preshave Soap
BRUSH: Rearden Razor 316L SS Synthetic
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Thayers Lavender WH and finished with Fine Accoutrements Snake Bite AS Splash
Happy Birthday and enjoy your special day!

Celebrating my 78th birthday or 23,360th shave.

I went back to the FB razor I bought after I was shaving for about a year with a Personna Lab blade and my oldest shaving brush a Hoffritz I bought in 1993. Decided to do an uberlather with T&H Ultimate Comfort cream, AoS tallow soap (Sandalwood). Thayers Rose Petal WH and Clubman were the aftershaves. After my shower some Yves St. Laurent fragrance.

Birthday shave.jpg

I went back to the FB razor I bought after I was shaving for about a year with a Personna Lab blade and my oldest shaving brush a Hoffritz I bought in 1993. Decided to do an uberlather with T&H Ultimate Comfort cream, AoS tallow soap (Sandalwood). Thayers Rose Petal WH and Clubman were the aftershaves. After my shower some Yves St. Laurent fragrance.

View attachment 1064992
Happy birthday, fellow Pennsylvanian! I just celebrated my 73rd back on Feb 4th.

View attachment 1064992

Happy birthday!

- Ken
[emoji1690]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom