What's new

Speaking of churchwardens.

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
After P&C made me spend $97 a few days ago, I thought some of us who like churchwardens might like something cheaper. Missouri Meerschaum was happy to oblige: http://coolsmokingpipes.com/introducing-the-new-cobbit-collection/

Only one is a full size churchwarden, but they're all fine looking pipes. My own approach would've been to make use of the MacArthur stem with a different bowl (like the one I custom ordered last year), but MM went full vulcanite, and it looks great. I'll be waiting until after Christmas, but I'll definitely get my grubby mitts on a couple of these.

These look like they'll be winners. Can't go wrong at that price point. Especially with the vulcanite stem. Much better than lucite on a Churchwarden.

Beat me to it Kilroy

I actually think he dwarf looks more my style

proxy.php

I think I'll go with the wizard style if i order. Wonder what will go well with one of those?

Hobbits Weed or a good make do is a 50/50 mix of BCA and Very cherry.
My latest order from Aristocob is due today but I didn't see these on the site when I ordered:glare: Now I have to head back and see if they are going to carry this line.

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Hobbits Weed or a good make do is a 50/50 mix of BCA and Very cherry.
My latest order from Aristocob is due today but I didn't see these on the site when I ordered:glare: Now I have to head back and see if they are going to carry this line.
Missouri Meerschaum just announced them yesterday (although they teased them last week), so right now the only place to get them is directly from MM. I'm sure Aristocob will have them eventually.

I'm sure I'll end up with one of each, but the Wizard and the Elf are the ones that really catch my eye, so I'll start with those.

Fired off a email to Aristocob asking about churchwardens, Scotts reply said only from MM for now:glare: but would like to carry the line if MM continues to offer it after market trials. The Wizard seems a bit large for my taste but the other 3:thumbup:

Tewksbury <sp from Denver is the only place available. Adult signature and all made shipping inside US enough that I will not be ordering again.

I believe there is a way around the whole signature thing. I think you need to call them to inquire.

I just ordered a Wizard tonight. For the price, I could not pass it up.

I also noticed that MM has a sale on their gifts. They are selling a freehand mounted on a plaque that costs less than just a freehand alone. I wish I had the extra money to pick one up, but I will be happy with the Wizard.

I 'need' that wizard pipe. Having only just gotten my first pipe, a cob, it feels a bit premature to be ordering another, only having had one smoke so far. The thing is I was thinking about a pipe like the wizard the other, wondering if there is such a thing! Now I know.
Do these things sell out or do they just keep supplying the line?

I 'need' that wizard pipe. Having only just gotten my first pipe, a cob, it feels a bit premature to be ordering another, only having had one smoke so far. The thing is I was thinking about a pipe like the wizard the other, wondering if there is such a thing! Now I know.
Do these things sell out or do they just keep supplying the line?

Remember in your thread where I mentioned spending hundreds and someone else said before long you wont have even noticed spending hundreds:lol:
This is a new product line so whether they continue the line or not will depend on popularity.:thumbup1:
I am a COB( Cheap old basturd) so thinking if I should buy the 3 smaller ones or get the wizard as well to save on shipping multiple times.
I am waiting a shipment from Aristocob on five pipes one of which is a neked diplomat apple to go with my new WBW churchwarden stem.

Just looked and I spent $26 from WBW for my churchwarden stem and $9.99 for the diplomat apple makes these look like a steal IMHO.

Remember in your thread where I mentioned spending hundreds and someone else said before long you wont have even noticed spending hundreds:lol:
This is a new product line so whether they continue the line or not will depend on popularity.:thumbup1:
I am a COB( Cheap old basturd) so thinking if I should buy the 3 smaller ones or get the wizard as well to save on shipping multiple times.
I am waiting a shipment from Aristocob on five pipes one of which is a neked diplomat apple to go with my new WBW churchwarden stem.

haha yes you did say that and I thought 'nah I will be good' but I'm already shopping for pipes. I don't think the mrs will be too happy as I'm saving up for a wedding. Maybe I will just check the shipping charges..... I don't have to buy one! :tongue_sm

haha yes you did say that and I thought 'nah I will be good' but I'm already shopping for pipes. I don't think the mrs will be too happy as I'm saving up for a wedding. Maybe I will just check the shipping charges..... I don't have to buy one! :tongue_sm

Wedding=rings
Lord of the rings=wizards
Wizard=wedding pipe:sneaky2:

Just looked and I spent $26 from WBW for my churchwarden stem and $9.99 for the diplomat apple makes these look like a steal IMHO.
I wonder what the quality difference will be. Walker's stems are usually very good, and the current default bits for MM cobs are usually less than stellar.

I wonder what the quality difference will be. Walker's stems are usually very good, and the current default bits for MM cobs are usually less than stellar.
Less than stellar, but one of the most comfortable stems available IMO, at least the black ones are.

Top Bottom