What's new

Speakeasy RIP

F0A8507D-1D19-485A-A7F6-19A5B5F02EF5.jpeg

:-(

C3B20363-C160-4FB7-8171-72091E15F831.jpeg

After getting through a bottle (With help!), I’ve changed my mind about Four Roses. The first glass I had at a restaurant did not impress me, but there is nothing wrong with the entry level Four Roses.

Found this while visiting Olathe, KS for my oldest nephew's high school graduation and very glad I did. Really good over ice, but I found camping at the lake it's was perfect with a splash of margarita mix.

Will send my brother for restocking whenever he comes to visit up north.
proxy.php

88B2CD39-19B5-4D35-8F02-F5A7B6999226.jpeg

Last 3/4 of an ounce this evening. I have backup. My local retailer had another 750ml this week, but I left it for someone else. BT at $25 is a bargain. I also like Old Forester 100 at a similar price.

^^ Four bottles of BT on the shelf for $25.99 locally, but I passed. I’m overstocked. Finished the last ounce of this Havana bottle, that my mother-in-law gifted, this evening:
40583B4D-F6B7-4680-9972-0D1B389D089C.jpeg

proxy.php

I was gifted this bottle as a university graduation present almost four years ago. Sadly I’m finishing it as I watch my team get beaten in their first finals campaign in ten years. It’s been a good drop, will have to buy another bottle soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3862A2CF-2FA9-4F2E-ABD6-0C39D83EAA2F.jpeg
Excellent value at retail. Lots of oak in it after 12 years in the barrel. Unfortunately, my wife decided she likes it in her Old Fashioned, so this sipper became a mixer. Enjoyed sharing this bottle with family and friends! I hope I luck into another handle at ABC.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I guess it shows that I don't find my way here too often. I thought somehow the Speakeasy was being eliminated.

Fortunately that is not the case. And, happy day, I have a recommendation I can try. Buffalo Trace. In stock at our local communist dispensary (sale??? Ain't happening here brother) Things get all confuserish as one translates from Canuck to the language as she is spoke on the imperial death star to our south . . . but as best as I can do is to say it would cost about $30 US for a 26 oz bottle so I'm guessing 15 bucks near the lovely villa known as Ackvilltania.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Whoops. Sorry for the death star and communist references. I was considering Marvin Martian but . . . he has a dis-integrator gun.

Top Bottom