What's new

Speakeasy RIP

Lol! All the prep of making an Old Fashioned slows me down a bit so I only drink one (or maybe 2!). The metal container is a jigger. It holds 2 oz., again, so I don't get carried away. The black thing is a Luxardo cherry. When I muddle the Angostura soaked sugar cube in a splash of water with the lemon (or orange) peel, I try to leave the cherry intact. Put a few cubes in the glass, pour the whiskey over the ice, and stir. I've come to enjoy the routine.

63A228F6-5B1C-4755-841B-928223FCF539.jpeg
Reasonably priced single malt aged in Bourbon and Port casks? Yes, I will have it again.

OK, now before you laugh - I've never bought this myself because it was $15.00 for 750ml. My sister and and brother in law bought this for me for Christmas (needless to say I bought him a bottle of Woodford Double Oak). Now, I don't think they did any research on it - they bought it because it was cheap - the same reason I never bought it. So, I got it, put it into the back of my liquor cabinet, way in the back so no one would see it.

Shortly after Xmas I was looking at the SF Spirit Competition results for 2018 and OMG there at number 3 was Ezra Brooks. So, I had to try it and you know it was quite tasty and we drank it up. For $15.00 its worth a try.

IMG_0764[1].JPG

Man, it's so true. This stuff is my new favorite for sure. It's remarkably smooth. Almost too much so, to be honest. Makes it go down too easily. Need to be careful with this stuff. I'll hold off on another bottle so that it can stay something of a treat.

Top Bottom