What's new

Speakeasy Aquisitions - November 2011

Another November, another batch of Great Lakes Christmas Ale released without me. Perhaps I'll find something to dull the pain yet this month... :bored:

What's keeping you warm this late Autumn?

Campari
Benedictine
Hayman's Old Tom Gin
Royal James London Dry Gin
Plymouth Gin
Paul Masson Grande Amber VSOP
Heering Cherry Liqueur

My local liquor store just emailed me a coupon for my birthday good for 50% off any bottle of liquor (up to $20 value). I took this opportunity to pick up something local that I haven't tried before - Breckenridge Bourbon. I haven't cracked the top yet, but am really looking forward to trying it.

Restocked a long overdue Rare Breed.
Also picked up the Powers 12.
Threw in a 4-pack of Dogfish Head Santa Palo Marron. Love that brew.
A 4-pack of Double Stout from Green Flash also hopped in the cart.

Excellent choices! Love the dogfish head too.

That's one of my favorite beers of the year for sure. Good stuff.

Local grocery store had a sale and an extra 30% off for 6 bottles of wine or liquor. Not great variety but I did pick up another bottle of the macallen 12 for $34 amung others.

Stopped by Bevmo on the way home from Lowe's and they actually had some Hangar 24, so I got a 6-pack of their Pale Ale.
On the way to the register, Maker's Mark caught my eye and I picked up a 5th.

The beer remains unopened and I'm on my 2nd glass of MM.
This is damed smooth whiskey!

Made a significant beer run today.

Case of Founders Breakfast stout
Case of Anchor Steam Liberty Ale
Saison Dupont Belgium Farm House Ale
Bell's Best Brown Ale (Case)
Brooklyn Porter
Sierra Nevade Celebration Ale
Laguinita Sumpin Special Wild Case

Alcohol is quite expensive here so whenever one of us travels we pick up something if only from duty free. This time we have been in France so we got a 3l box of Bergerac (having drank 3 boxes of it while staying at our friends' I can safely say it's quite acceptable, only 9 Euros!), plus a bottle each of a Lalande-Pomerol, a Rully red and a Burgundy Pinot Noir. All from the local supermarket and smuggled in our check in bags.

At CDG I bought a bottle of Ch Delamain Cognac, possibly the finest Cognac I have ever had, and a bottle of Pastis 51, which I have recently become a convert to.

well today i was at whole foods getting some dinner with the wife i decided on getting some beer i havent tried. i got belhaven scottish ale which is amazing. i also got sam adams wee heavy which i have never seen so i grabbed it. te belhaven was 4 bucks for a pint and the sam adams wee heavy is 10 for 4 bottles. i know im at least gonna be buying the belhaven one more time. at 4 bucks a bottle its worht it in my eyes.

well today i was at whole foods getting some dinner with the wife i decided on getting some beer i havent tried. i got belhaven scottish ale which is amazing. i also got sam adams wee heavy which i have never seen so i grabbed it. te belhaven was 4 bucks for a pint and the sam adams wee heavy is 10 for 4 bottles. i know im at least gonna be buying the belhaven one more time. at 4 bucks a bottle its worht it in my eyes.

Anything from the Sam Adam's Imperial Series is fantastic; maybe not best-in-class, but pretty close. I'm partial to their Imperial Stout, which at 9.2%, is worth the price.

I got a bottle of Hacienda Chihuahua Sotol this weekend and am enjoying it on the rocks with a squeeze of lime.

Lessee, made the 80th birthday (my dad's, not mine...) trip to Atlanta with my family, so made a quick whiskey run:

Black Maple Hill (2x)
Evan Williams Single Barrel (2x)
Aberlour 16yo
Tullamore Dew
Four Roses Single Barrel
Buffalo Trace Select Barrel (Green's; same price as the regular, just from a barrel selected by Green's)
Old Forester Birthday Bourbon (3x)

Should be a happy holiday!

Top Bottom