What's new

Speakeasy Aquisitions - November 2010

Continuing my trial of the Jim Beam small batch bourbons I decided to bring home a bottle of Booker's. All I can say at this point is that it certainly is strong. :w00t:

I was on holiday last week (end of October) and managed to buy myself 3 cases of Australian wine. The annual Wine Ships Degustation started yesterday in Zürich, so there is always the chance that I will pick up some more :001_cool:

Technically, I bought this in October, but it just arrived this morning:

proxy.php

I also picked up a bottle of this year's George T. Stagg on Thursday, but that's already been opened . . . :lol:

NANP™

Makers Mark. Just enjoying the look of the wax seal until I finish the Glenlivet 12. Either 2 glasses or one bad day away from finishing it!

A bottle of Old Forrester 2010 Birthday Bourbon and a bottle of Lagavulin 16 so far this month. I'm eying a bottle of Redbreast 15 and the 2010 Four Roses Small Batch Limited Release that will also probably be finding it's way to my shelf before the end of the month.

Continuing my trial of the Jim Beam small batch bourbons I decided to bring home a bottle of Booker's. All I can say at this point is that it certainly is strong. :w00t:

If you haven't tried it yet, grab a bottle of Basil Hayden's bourbon. I like Booker's for a Manhattan, but neat, it's a little much for me.

If you haven't tried it yet, grab a bottle of Basil Hayden's bourbon. I like Booker's for a Manhattan, but neat, it's a little much for me.

I did have a bottle of Basil Hayden a while back. I liked it quite a bit. Maybe not as tasty as some others neat, but it was very smooth. Also made up some pretty good cocktails.

classic malts of scotland stong
proxy.php

innis and gunn xmas pack (original rum cask and winter)
proxy.php

and bowmore sample pack (12 15 adn 18) minitures
proxy.php

Currently in Kentucky and planning on getting some bourbons to bring back home.
So far I've gotten Jim Beam Green (which will be gone before we go back up :blush: good stuff) and some W.L. Weller 12 year which I'm not as impressed with. I plan on getting a bottle (or 2) of Black Maple Hill which I absolutely love, and am considering some others like Pogue. I'll be doing some more looking/research. Any suggestions on places to go in Lexington other then the Liqour Barn? Which compared to most liqour stores in MN have an amazing selection of various types of alcohol especially bourbon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom