What's new

Speakeasy Aquisitions -- March / April 2010

My parents just came back from Cuba... with a 25 box of Cohiba Siglo I for me.

Unfortunately, I can't keep the box in my humidor, too high. Their boxes are cubic compared to other brands. I'm sure I'll find something to do with that nice box.

Not sure if golf equipment falls into this category of gentlemanly indulgences considering Tiger's recent behaviour. But i think the games past speaks for itself here's my recent score:

proxy.php

9.5 degree/stiff shaft

proxy.php
15 degree neutral / stiff shaft

proxy.php
18 degree / stiff shaft

If you sneak them into your bag before you get home the lady of the house doesn't seem to mind ;)

I've gotten a little carried away this past month . . . :blink:

Cigars:

Opus X tins, the full Trilogy (one 3-count tin of each size)
Opus xXx fiver
Opus X Lost City robusto, box of 10
Opus X Lost City pyramide, threefer
God of Fire Carlito dbl. robusto, fiver
Anejo Shark, 2006 vintage, fiver
Esencia corona gorda, full box
San Cristobal Fabuloso, full box

I also won a box of ten God of Fire Carlito pyramides in a raffle! :thumbup:

Hootch:

Yet another bottle of George T. Stagg :001_cool:
Aberlour a'bunadh
Dalmore Gran Reserva
Flor de Cana Centenario

Mortgage? What mortgage?

NANP™

I've gotten a little carried away this past month . . . :blink:

Cigars:

Opus X tins, the full Trilogy (one 3-count tin of each size)
Opus xXx fiver
Opus X Lost City robusto, box of 10
Opus X Lost City pyramide, threefer
God of Fire Carlito dbl. robusto, fiver
Anejo Shark, 2006 vintage, fiver
Esencia corona gorda, full box
San Cristobal Fabuloso, full box

I also won a box of ten God of Fire Carlito pyramides in a raffle! :thumbup:

Hootch:

Yet another bottle of George T. Stagg :001_cool:
Aberlour a'bunadh
Dalmore Gran Reserva
Flor de Cana Centenario

Mortgage? What mortgage?

NANP™

Very nice, thank you for making me not feel bad about spending $$$$ on good smokes and booze!

No pics, but my wife picked up a couple of bottles of Pliny the Eldar for me from the Russian River brewing company. Great stuff, but it can be hard to find sometimes.

My parents just came back from Cuba... with a 25 box of Cohiba Siglo I for me.

Unfortunately, I can't keep the box in my humidor, too high. Their boxes are cubic compared to other brands. I'm sure I'll find something to do with that nice box.

:w00t:

You lucky so and so. Very nice score indeed.

Just back from a Cuba vacation in Holguin at Blau Costa Verde.

Picked up 2 bottles of Havana Club for myself (others given away as gifts) and 1 Kg of ground coffee (no whole bean at Duty Free):

proxy.php

I bought about 3 dozen cigars, many of which were smoked there. I had a short list of cigars to bring back with me that list included RyJ Churchill and Short Churchill, Montecristo Petit Edmundo, Trinidad Londres, and a couple of others, but couldn't find full sealed boxes of anything that interested me. I brought back some loose smokes, like PSD4s, Siglo 1s, Party Shorts, and Cuaba Exclusivos

I did, however, after 3 years of asking, manage to "procure" a package of the elusive Peso Cigars, Selecto brand (Holguin local brand). I have to say these are the fugliest cigars I've ever seen and held, but they actually smoke pretty good and burn as good as I would expect from any cigar. They have a definate Cuban flavour, without a doubt:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Here's a collection of pictures we took. If you're not used to PhotoBucket, look for a red "Slideshow" button in the top right corner:

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i108/Newfie_Winger/Cigars/Cuba/BCV April 2010/

Top Bottom