What's new

Speakeasy Aquisitions (& holiday gifts!) - December 2010

I'm dabbling in Scotch again. I picked up a bottle of the Dalmore 12. Not overly complex, but a good easy drinking dram.

I am hoping to find a Disoranno gift set for my wife, but I am not sure if they have a gift pack this year.

I need some essentials behind my virtual bar, so hopefully a bottle of Maker's Mark and some nice rums will find their way into Santa's sleigh for me. :w00t:

Dave

I just acquired a second bottle of a Tuke Holdsworth 1995 vintage port. Only 15 years old so far and I'm trying to figure out when I should actually open it (I have read tradition often dictates a 20-30 year wait after the vintage year).

For a friend's Christmas present: A half bottle of the Alvear Solera 1927 Pedro Ximenez sherry (I do like my fortified wines sweet and disgustingly sweet, not that I dislike dry sherries or ports, I just prefer sweet). I was going to acquire a third bottle for myself but... :p

Me with my new tweed Hanna Hat and my new Brebbia 624.

proxy.php

Last edited:
For a friend's Christmas present: A half bottle of the Alvear Solera 1927 Pedro Ximenez sherry (I do like my fortified wines sweet and disgustingly sweet, not that I dislike dry sherries or ports, I just prefer sweet). I was going to acquire a third bottle for myself but... :p

One of the best buys going these days.

One of the best buys going these days.

I can only find it online (not locally) so I try to stock up. I've been hoarding my last two bottles until the online vendor I use gets it back in stock. I hadn't realised how popular the Alvear PX is.

Also, I've just placed an order for the Gonzalez Byass Pedro Ximenez (Nectar, they call it). I'm running low. ;)

I picked up a bottle of Knob Creek, straight from the source at the distillery in Kentucky last week. I drink bourbon rarely, but wine pretty regularly so I'll hunt up a couple of nice bottles for Christmas. Pretty low key acquisitions for me I guess. :001_smile

I'm dabbling in Scotch again. I picked up a bottle of the Dalmore 12. Not overly complex, but a good easy drinking dram.

If you like The Dalmore and can find it, try their "Cigar Blend". Delicious and priced about the same as the 12.

Spent about 3K on gifts for a holiday that I don't really even celebrate, so I thought it was high-time to indulge myself a bit, too :lol:

First is an Orient Mako

full

Second is a pair of Red Wing Iron Rangers that are undergoing the polishing process right now; will post pics later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lagavulin 16, Clynelish 14, Robert Shaw Corale Seas Shanties, Evanscence Fallen, Marx Brothers Silver Screen Collection, and a dozen oysters.

Tom

My wife got me a bottle of Travel Retail 1994 vintage Highland Park for Christmas on her way back from Canada.

Top Bottom