What's new

Speakeasy Acquisitions - June 2008

Yesterday was a good day.
  • My birthday gift to my wife arrived - 100ml Penhaligon's Malabah Eau de Parfum (Oh baby...:drool:)
  • Her digital camera telephoto lens arrived
  • My bundle of (25) Flor de Oliva Robustos arrived (These look awesome)

Pictures of the loot hopefully to follow when I get home.

*Props to Richard for inadvertently showing me the "list" code in his "I miss LimeCat post. :tongue:

proxy.php

A little B-Day present to myself! I was searching the aisles of the liquor section hoping to find any cachaca, but I was pleasantly surprised to find a bottle of Agua Luca for all of $23! After a few a pretty good first attempts, I think I managed to make a pretty good caiparinha, because that's all I wanted the rest of the night. It's a very interesting drink that complements a hot muggy day every well.

I also scored another sixer of Goose Island Summertime from my sister for my birthday, and for some odd reason, Mike's Hard Lemonade from my sister-in-law :confused:. I don't know if the last one was meant to be a gag or not, but I smiled and said thanks anyway.

I almost grabbed the pils, but the IPA is rated slightly higher and hot darn it's hard for me to pass on an IPA. I also got a 4-pack of Youngs Double Chocolate to use in some ice cream. [Coolade Guy]Ohhhh yeah![/Coolade Guy]

I just picked up a box of these Padron 1964 Anniversary Corona Maduros. The tobacco used in this limited production series is aged for four years, creating a smooth and complex flavor which are box pressed.
These have very quickly become my favorite sticks.

(Note: This is a hijacked internet picture, my daughter has my camera again)

proxy.php

I almost grabbed the pils, but the IPA is rated slightly higher and hot darn it's hard for me to pass on an IPA. I also got a 4-pack of Youngs Double Chocolate to use in some ice cream. [Coolade Guy]Ohhhh yeah![/Coolade Guy]

Some some reason I'm not a fan of Pale Ales, any other beer is aok.

I just picked up a box of these Padron 1964 Anniversary Corona Maduros. The tobacco used in this limited production series is aged for four years, creating a smooth and complex flavor which are box pressed.
These have very quickly become my favorite sticks.

(Note: This is a hijacked internet picture, my daughter has my camera again)

proxy.php

Hey Ray, what time do you want me over at?

Eagerly awaiting the Seiko Velatura Kinetic Direct Drive.

proxy.php

Also set my sights on a Orange Monster.

proxy.php

Also have a bid going for a Invicta Pro Diver.

I had set my sights on a vintage Omega first, but you guys made me change my mind, and I'm glad I did. I believe the vintage Omegas are very hyped at the moment, driving the prices up unnecessarily.

I haven't worn a watch for five years, but this will change soon :biggrin:

Will do, I think I will pull out the 12 and 18 as well for a tasting. I haven't had the CS in over a year, so I will let you know when I open this bottle. I will say this, if you like their Sherry line you will enjoy this Whisky, it's packed with flavor. Judging from the fact you own a 25, I think it is safe to assume you do.

I actually don't own the 25-- a little beyond my budget (and I own way to much anyway). Boss bought us both a glass to celebrate a promotion he was giving me...

Let me know how it is, however.

Top Bottom