What's new

Spanish Aqua Velva short review.

Finally came today. Scent similar to the US version but about 50% lighter. Very little burn and face feel about the same as other good aftershaves. Comes in 200 ml bottle so you get twice the amount. If you buy from Smallflower spend the extra $2 ($8.95 total)and get it in 2 days. Also, dissipates quickly like the US version.

Last edited:
I love this! It is what AV used to smell like in the 70s. It has a much nicer scent than the current US version. It's lighter on the menthol but more full bodied and fragrant. The real deal

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Ones of the finest splashes on the market today. Also, its vintage-like glass bottle is a gem to look at and own. Old School stuff at its best!

I just used mine for my evening shave because I saw this thread. I will say I always use Stirling unscented witch hazel and aloe after a shave, followed by the aftershave of the day. Right now I'm basking in that truly classic Aqua Velva scent. Even my wife likes it, and she threw out my clubman and and modern aqua velva. 😆 or, as she says, I must have misplaced them.....i know she truly loathes clubman. I think it's the powder/talc scent that is so prominent.

Spanish Williams "Expert" AV Locion is indeed a great shave asset!!

williams kent schulze wednesday aqua velva december 16 2015.jpg

I had always heard Vito's was not long lasting, i.e., weak.
I have Vitos ICE , Mentolo , Acquarelle , Lavanda and Aftershaving.... The Aftershaving lasts all day for me , the Acquarelle and Lavanda a few hours. The Ice and Mentolo are very brief , but extremely cooling...

Finally came today. Scent similar to the US version but about 50% lighter. Very little burn and face feel about the same as other good aftershaves. Comes in 200 ml bottle so you get twice the amount. If you buy from Smallflower spend the extra $2 ($8.95 total)and get it in 2 days. Also, dissipates quickly like the US version.

Glycerin tends to reduce the burn from the alcohol. A good aftershave splash should be more refreshing than burning.

I tried the American AV in the plastic bottle recently and the scent was fairly weak, but relatively long lasting.

I also got hold of some stuff at a dollar store that I much prefer, it's a fresh scent, it smells similar to Aqua Velva Musk. Made in China, very little burn, no menthol. But I could see it appealing to people that like a fresh Chypre scent. AV Ice Blue is more of a dirty Chypre.

Top Bottom