What's new

Space saving in the bathroom

Hi everyone!

I just had a general question in regards to maximizing space for my shaving gear in a very small bathroom with limited storage space, and shared by my wife.

Is it ok to store a DE razor, or razors in a mug with a soap puck? Does the soap have any negative (corrosive effects, etc) on the cap of the razor? I’ve invested a bit in some new stuff and I’ve realized that there’s limited real estate for two folks who like their toiletries.😐 🙂

Hi everyone!

I just had a general question in regards to maximizing space for my shaving gear in a very small bathroom with limited storage space, and shared by my wife.

Is it ok to store a DE razor, or razors in a mug with a soap puck? Does the soap have any negative (corrosive effects, etc) on the cap of the razor? I’ve invested a bit in some new stuff and I’ve realized that there’s limited real estate for two folks who like their toiletries.😐 🙂
I don't know if it's a good idea or not but I think a lot of our dads or granddads stored their razor AND brush in a mug with a puck of soap. I wouldn't do either but if you have no choice, you have no choice. However, an option could be to add a surface mount cabinet/shelves. Our main bath at our country place is small but we added storage cabinets and now there's enough room for my 10 razors, 6-7 brushes, about 15 soaps and creams, and aftershave products. I think the bathroom isn't much bigger than 6'x9' with a 30" vanity top and cabinet. But we have two other cabinets on the walls.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I would not keep my razor in a mug with soap. That said, I do not keep my razors, blades, soaps, and certainly not my brushes in the bathroom at all because it is too humid. I would keep your stuff elsewhere in the home, but claim you are a great guy for allowing your wife to have all the bathroom real estate for herself. Extra plus points for you which is always a good thing 👍

You can just keep your shaving stuff on a tray and bring it into the bathroom when you need it. Store your shaving stuff on a closet shelf or dresser drawer, etc. outside the bathroom.

You know, some people use those self-standing over toilet cabinets (they fit over the tank with feet on the floor and then have a cabinet above). I've never bought one because I'm convinced I'll throw out my back trying to reach into it. But for you younger guys?

I don't care for this particular style but to give you and idea.

proxy.php

That's how I store and transport my shaving equipment to the bathroom. Although my mug holds the razor, brush, and shaving cream tube.
I agree with what has been said, you should think about storing your equipment somewhere other than the bathroom.

Who was it here that posted the other day that he moved everything out of the bathroom and did the 18th century thing bringing a pitcher and tub with water to his shaving area? He said he can dump the used tub of water out of the window into his garden. Now, that's old school dedication!

You know, some people use those self-standing over toilet cabinets (they fit over the tank with feet on the floor and then have a cabinet above). I've never bought one because I'm convinced I'll throw out my back trying to reach into it. But for you younger guys?

I don't care for this particular style but to give you and idea.

proxy.php
Amazingly, we have pretty much this exact piece. The only difference being ours is dark brown. That cabinet has two levels. Top level used to be mine. Memories.

I would keep your stuff elsewhere in the home, but claim you are a great guy for allowing your wife to have all the bathroom real estate for herself. Extra plus points for you which is always a good thing 👍
Well played sir. We’re finishing up a bathroom remodel and I can already tell that the distribution of storage space afterwards is going to be a point of contention. Although if I stash my gear somewhere else I’m sure I’ll get nitpicked about that as well :rolleyes:

I keep the bulk of my shaving supplies is my basement ‘shop.’ That provides two benefits:
#1. I plenty of space for my current ‘rotation’ in the bathroom.
#2. LOTH has little/no idea of how much stuff I have accumulated!!
:a29::a29:

Top Bottom