What's new

SP 101 Match Champion Grips.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I ordered the Altamonts. Of course I can't link it with my work computer as it is firearm related. :cursing:

Woohoo! :punk: Love my Altamonts. You will too.

Thread here from couple months ago:

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Altamont gave me different length screws, to ensure a perfect fit. I needed them, and appreciated the fine touch.

Also, being thinner, the SpeedBeez loader now works perfect on that Model 10-5. Love that gun.

But SP-101 goes to the range every time.

AA

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
They don’t fit. The small holes on the inside that hold the pin are not quite deep enough. The grips won’t pull together. I am going to call them tomorrow before I screw it up.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Arrrrgh!

Some SP-101s do vary. My early one, Houge Camo Lamos would not fit. And I really liked them.

AA

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Arrrrgh!

Some SP-101s do vary. My early one, Houge Camo Lamos would not fit. And I really liked them.

AA

I am sure I could Dremel the hole but if I break them its on me. Or I could shorten the pin by a 1/16th of an inch.

Last edited:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Do you have an actual drill? I understand the risks, but I don't know that I would have the patience to wait for a replacement. Good luck either way!

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Do you have an actual drill? I understand the risks, but I don't know that I would have the patience to wait for a replacement. Good luck either way!

I may to try to shorten the guide pin. I have a couple of those.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
7555F304-A4A1-41F6-9A6C-EF4ACCD8C3DE.jpeg
EE7E86E1-80E1-476E-8A7B-90D9328B586D.jpeg

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
The gap is not as bad as it looks, at the most a sixteenth.

Presuming those grips are supposed to fit flush with one another, That gap is huge. Not a good fit at all...
59098B4D-499E-4659-9226-11485F046906.jpeg
F4962864-568D-4CE2-B2D5-2387AD8BBAAF.jpeg
40765F13-5594-4968-A0F4-A141FF371491.jpeg

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
The gap is not as bad as it looks, at the most a sixteenth.

If you have to choose between cutting the pin without messing up any threads or drilling that gorgeous wood, i'd pick cutting the pin. That grip is sooooo pretty, I wouldn't even want to look for a different brand, I would want to try and make that work. :)

I would think, even if cutting the pin doesn't work, it's just a replaceable pin and the grips could still be sent back for a replacment?

Top Bottom