What's new

SP 101 Match Champion Grips.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I spent a lot of time with a Match Champion handling it at the Fort Worth Gun Show. I have never felt such a comfortable set of grips in my hand. (They look damn good as well.) I cannot find them for sale anywhere. You can buy the GP100 match champion grips but I can't find the SP101. Would you guys check your vast resources and see if you see them?

Looks like they’re altamonts. Didn’t check their site.

Oh hell, here you go:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Oh hell, here you go:

Looks like a fancier version of the Pachmayers that I put on mine, at about twice the price, but they sure are purdy.

Last edited:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Love the Altamonts on my K-frame Smiths.

SP-101 is tricky to grip. I didn't like the factory ones, even with a cool wood insert.

Put Pachys on mine and agree they work well; even +P+ loads don't bother. But somehow I don't love them.

These SP-101 Altamonts look great. Wonder how they feel?

Can vouch that the Altamont stipple is grippy. But like the look of smooth better.

AA

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Love the Altamonts on my K-frame Smiths.

SP-101 is tricky to grip. I didn't like the factory ones, even with a cool wood insert.

Put Pachys on mine and agree they work well; even +P+ loads don't bother. But somehow I don't love them.

These SP-101 Altamonts look great. Wonder how they feel?

Can vouch that the Altamont stipple is grippy. But like the look of smooth better.

AA

I loved the feel of them on the Ruger I pawed at the Fort Worth Gun Show. They felt like an extension of my hand. I just can't get a good feel for the factory grips on my 101, even with the purdy wood insert.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I loved the feel of them on the Ruger I pawed at the Fort Worth Gun Show. They felt like an extension of my hand. I just can't get a good feel for the factory grips on my 101, even with the purdy wood insert.

Grips are super personal; where man meets machine! :lol: Some of the ugliest work best (target thumbrest, etc)

My Altamonts took about 5 weeks with the covid and all. I went with silver-black stipple on a stainless and walnut/diamond on blued with the Smiths.

Hm, wonder how smooth/rosewood would look on SP-101? Would it be slippery under stress? or even faster to draw against clothes?

AA

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Hm, wonder how smooth/rosewood would look on SP-101? Would it be slippery under stress? or even faster to draw against clothes?
AA

They would look just like my Pachys, just not laminated.
2E04B0DC-46B0-4A51-888A-5E1F976FE9DA.jpeg

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Unfortunately, the Pachmayrs seem hard to find in stock, wonder if they are still being made?

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
The Altamonts are $77.00 plus shipping, ouch. SWMBO will look at this and asked what I need new grips for? She who owns a Micro 9 Raptor, an absolutely stunning hand gun.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Another thing - I really liked the Camo Lamo grips, but they did NOT fit my early SP-101.

(Come to think, my black rubber grips are Hogue, like the Camo Lamo, not Pachy at all! Sorry. Have three sets of rubber Pachys for others).

The Altamonts for K-frame, thought I paid two pairs for $100 .... I'm cheap, too.

AA

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I ordered the Altamonts. Of course I can't link it with my work computer as it is firearm related. :cursing:

Top Bottom