What's new

Soy un perdedor (Lover Of Single Edge Razors)

Well I was so excited when i got mine! I told Arley if he is nice I will let him be the 1st to try it out :) It amazes me how many beautiful sets there still are out there..it makes it hard to pick and choose!

Looks like it. There's quite a few nice sets out there.

Thanks.

Well I was so excited when i got mine! I told Arley if he is nice I will let him be the 1st to try it out :) It amazes me how many beautiful sets there still are out there..it makes it hard to pick and choose!
Exactly. I'm being tempted from every direction.

I love the Valets. I actually have two kits with the strop. One for admiring/back-up and one to actually strop with. Then there's the two Valets without kits.

I now love SEs too-- this is a recent thing wth me- last three to four months-- I think if you spend any time safety razor collecting and on B&B you gotta try 'em all- Injectors and SEs in addition to the tried and true DEs- eventually I will go straight too.

I found that although I shaved for decades with DEs and injectors, the old SE required its own technique and it was not until I watched a Youtube video on SE shaving that I could do it without cutting chin (never cut my chin with the injectors or DEs)- so SEs gave me a new way to cut myself-- but I love everything about 'em except that they are my least favorite to load--and loading them right is (as my face found out my first shave with one) very, very important.

The 1912s are great and look so Victorian. I have an older Star that 's really is ornate and that is a great shaver as well. I find that the blades make a more profound difference in SEs and I can only use certain GEM blades for my face- if I use anything else, I can't even shave with an SE- it just pulls the hairs out by the roots (micromatic, GBar, 1912s, '14s, '22s and any of the really early models like my Star-- all require a really sharp blade).

I have yet to either order the spineless SE Feathers or pull the spine off a GEM to try my old Valets out but I am looking forward to it- and I have not stropped any blade yet- my next challenge- I have a Rolls Razor that is calling out to me as well. Thanks for this thread and I join the rest of you LOSERS. I will always keep an SE in my rotation between DEs, injectors (technically an SE as well), and good old Star/Gem/Everready SEs!!!!

Another cool thing about the traditional SE blade with the spine is that you can recycle/reuse the blades as paint scrapers and aquarium glass algae removers-- very cool.

thank you for sharing :) Don't forget to post some pics It is fun to share!
I do love the ornate handles, but being a women and artistic I look for and at thing differently than most of you men do :) That is true about the left over razors! They are the best algae scrapers out there :)

ok...just trying to help out my brother with a better name....

you could keep it simple....like the BG's...Before Gillette.....or to go with both your size and your evangelism ...BIG ...Before inferior Gillettes

wouldn't you rather belong to something BIG ???

Think of all the fun you could have with the play on words.....the NEXT BIG thing on B&B...for a really BIG shave....etc.... just a thought...

"What we hold to be right, and good, and true IS right and good and true for all men." Sean Connery as King Arthur

Last edited:
Part of me feels bad for just collecting , but part of me knows that I am taking care of them and one day someone may get a chance to use a beautiful razor I have taken care of
Exactly. I'm being tempted from every direction.

I love the Valets. I actually have two kits with the strop. One for admiring/back-up and one to actually strop with. Then there's the two Valets without kits.

I'm super proud to be a LOSER! My girlfriend went to an antique store three weeks ago on her lunch break and bought me a razor that she thought looked cool.

I got home and it was a GEM 1912. I was I intimidated at first, but I jumped in. I had the best shave of my life, with zero irritation.

Since then the GEM is the only razor I have used, I use it every day!

And if I don't get sniPed on the bay, I may soon be the owner of a Damaskeene, which I hear is the perfect razor. Although its hard to believe anything is better than my 1912.

I have been using my Damaskeene every day, which seems to only have slight differences from the 1912, but jet a great razor.

ok...just trying to help out my brother with a better name....

you could keep it simple....like the BG's...Before Gillette.....or to go with both your size and your evangelism ...BIG ...Before inferior Gillettes

wouldn't you rather belong to something BIG ???

Think of all the fun you could have with the play on words.....the NEXT BIG thing on B&B...for a really BIG shave....etc.... just a thought...

I actually like LOSER, thank you very much.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually like LOSER, thank you very much.

That Danelectro is pretty cool in the video....cool vintage vibe....

Ok......on this day as God is my witness, you single edge razor lovers will be known to me as LOSERS ........as you wish fine sir!!

"What we hold to be right, and good, and true IS right and good and true for all men." Sean Connery as King Arthur, Motto of the BOTOC

Last edited by a moderator:
HA ! I may still make reference to SER Lover I just like the ring to that.

That Danelectro is pretty cool in the video....cool vintage vibe....

Ok......on this day as God is my witness, you single edge razor lovers will be known to me as LOSERS ........as you wish fine sir!!

"What we hold to be right, and good, and true IS right and good and true for all men." Sean Connery as King Arthur, Motto of the BOTOC

I like that one too They even have whiskers! $seal.jpg

SEAL

Single Edge Acquisition Lover

wow those new ones really cleaned up well! They all look minty!

I have only spent a little time cleaning them, none of them have I used MAAS on yet, as this has just been an awful week at work. I plan on cleaning all of them really good today as I have nothing else to do.

I have only spent a little time cleaning them, none of them have I used MAAS on yet, as this has just been an awful week at work. I plan on cleaning all of them really good today as I have nothing else to do.

Think of how much more though you will have done without Harold and Kumar visiting!!:a13:

Top Bottom