What's new

Southern Witchcrafts

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with this Artisan? I am keen to try although have hear that the scents can be quite polarising.

thank you

I picked up a sample collection. The sample sizes are enough for 4 shaves each. The performance is AMAZING! One of the best shaving soap/creams out there. The scents are odd. I've found the scent before lathering is quite often not like the scent during lathering. I've got several that I really enjoyed. Some I'd never buy. My picks are Tres Matres, Lycanthrope, and Pomona.

I agree that the scents are kinda polarizing. I am not a big fan of any of them (I also bought the whole sample pack).

I also found they can be quite thirsty. I had one shave go dry on me after my first cheek passes!

YMMV, of course.

My experiences:

Their scents are very...interesting. Fantastic performance, though. Like someone else said, they are thirsty.

many thanks all for your responses, much appreciated.

I may go for their new Anthropophagy which it seems is the least polarising of their scents.

Southern Witchcrafts also has a collaboration with Australian Private Reserve later this month called Gravefruit. That looks very interesting.

I only got 1 sample of alchemist which is discontinued is very complex, but nice. Any other brands that have really unique scents like this?

I'm working my way through samples of everything they had in stock. By far my favorite so far in terms of scent and performance. I love the dark and earthy scents though I understand they may not be everybody's cup of tea. Desairology and Necromantic are my favorites so far.

Their scents are towards musky and dark side which I'm not a fan of. However, I did enjoy Druantia scent and it lathers up really nicely. It's been reviewed as one of the best vegan soaps out there.

I picked up a full tub of one of their soaps from Maggard’s last week along with a full tub of Stirling and samples of MdC original and D.R Harris rose. I plan on trying the Southern Witchcrafts once I get the matching aftershave

Have a pomona sample on the way. maggards was out of stock of tres matres and lycanthropy otherwise I woulda got them too.

I am a big fan of this artisan. In a world of so many dupe scents, or an endless field of barbershops and fougeres, Southern Witchcrafts breaks the mold with truly unique, handcrafted scents that stay true to their company theme. For a first timer, I would probably recommend trying out some of their more recent releases like Anthropophagy, Desairology, or Carpathia, but their older scents are also full of gems. Personally I'm a big fan of Pomona and Autumn Ash.

I am a big fan of this artisan. In a world of so many dupe scents, or an endless field of barbershops and fougeres, Southern Witchcrafts breaks the mold with truly unique, handcrafted scents that stay true to their company theme. For a first timer, I would probably recommend trying out some of their more recent releases like Anthropophagy, Desairology, or Carpathia, but their older scents are also full of gems. Personally I'm a big fan of Pomona and Autumn Ash.
Well said!

Their soaps are awesome. Really creative and off beat. I have a few of them and they also preform at a top tier. Have gravefruit in the mail and looking forward to it.

Top Bottom