What's new

Southern Witchcrafts

I wish I could get behind this artisan; but their emphasis on wiccan practices and the occult prevent me from doing so.

Dan, you are not the first and certainly won't be the last person to have these sorts of concerns. However, I can personally vouch for Stephen and Courtney in that they are NOT into witchcraft, wicca, or the occult in any way. If you have any additional questions or concerns you should consider sending them an email. They are kind, ethical people who have been nothing but courteous to me since I joined this hobby.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Dan, you are not the first and certainly won't be the last person to have these sorts of concerns. However, I can personally vouch for Stephen and Courtney in that they are NOT into witchcraft, wicca, or the occult in any way. If you have any additional questions or concerns you should consider sending them an email. They are kind, ethical people who have been nothing but courteous to me since I joined this hobby.
Good to hear. I had read a Q&A that Courtney had done a couple of years ago and perhaps she was only joking, but she was alluding to such things.

Had to bring this thread back to the forefront. I’ve stated a time or two before that although I believe Southern Witchcraft makes a very good performing soap unfortunately, I have never been drawn to or a fan of their scent creations. Yes, off the beaten path with their distinct and unconventional scent accords they were and are still intriguing. I’ve tried a few and could never really could keep one. However, Gravefruit II has been the one that has grabbed my attention in both scent & performance. Marketed as a citrus, floral & somewhat dark scent I personally only get more of the citrus and floral aspect of this creation and to me it is a wonderful creation. I will also say that this scent profile to my nose is more on the unisex side and that’s being generous. To me it definitely leans much more to the feminine side as the florals, especially the jasmine & freesia come through as the lather is built. The pink grapefruit and yuzu accords do play especially in the splash & parfum but, the cedar & sandalwood are barely present if only for an instant then gone. Very little depth in the woods aspect of this creation. To me it’s light and slightly fruity with the florals being the main players from start to finish. I still think that Shawn Maher with his perfumery skills still made something really unique here and the composition truly is pleasing. If you are not into fruity florals, watch out with this one as it can feel feminine like. Performance is on par with some of the best soaps that rely solely on a vegan base of ingredients. I can also name a couple of darn good tallow based soaps that this creation can shame. Great slickness and creamy density that provides excellent glide and protection once steel touches skin.

Despite the feminine leaning aromas, this one stays in my den. Great shaves to all….

33014839-5C76-4B58-A6B2-34DCEABFD5E9.jpeg

Had to bring this thread back to the forefront. I’ve stated a time or two before that although I believe Southern Witchcraft makes a very good performing soap unfortunately, I have never been drawn to or a fan of their scent creations. Yes, off the beaten path with their distinct and unconventional scent accords they were and are still intriguing. I’ve tried a few and could never really could keep one. However, Gravefruit II has been the one that has grabbed my attention in both scent & performance. Marketed as a citrus, floral & somewhat dark scent I personally only get more of the citrus and floral aspect of this creation and to me it is a wonderful creation. I will also say that this scent profile to my nose is more on the unisex side and that’s being generous. To me it definitely leans much more to the feminine side as the florals, especially the jasmine & freesia come through as the lather is built. The pink grapefruit and yuzu accords do play especially in the splash & parfum but, the cedar & sandalwood are barely present if only for an instant then gone. Very little depth in the woods aspect of this creation. To me it’s light and slightly fruity with the florals being the main players from start to finish. I still think that Shawn Maher with his perfumery skills still made something really unique here and the composition truly is pleasing. If you are not into fruity florals, watch out with this one as it can feel feminine like. Performance is on par with some of the best soaps that rely solely on a vegan base of ingredients. I can also name a couple of darn good tallow based soaps that this creation can shame. Great slickness and creamy density that provides excellent glide and protection once steel touches skin.

Despite the feminine leaning aromas, this one stays in my den. Great shaves to all….

View attachment 1578171
I like Gravefruit II soap and AS so much that I bought the EDT. My first EDT from a soap maker and I am a fragrance snob.

I don’t really find it feminine leaning. Unisex maybe.

In any case, I own 5-6 SW soaps and Gravefruit II is up there with Pomona for me.

I really like shaving with Southern Witchcrafts products. Over the last year I've been using them almost exclusively. I like most of the scents and agree with @SharpieB in that for the most part the scents are Unisex in nature although in my opinion their is one notable exception:
"Carpathia is a tribute to Bram Stoker’s Dracula: a dark and brooding masculine scent centered around accords of black tea, exotic musk, and evergreen balsam."

Carpathia is definitely a masculine scent and one of my favorites. A shave earlier this week was finished with Carpathia After Shave. My wife's simple comment: "You smell good" confirms that I picked a winner.

IMG_1930.jpg

Top Bottom