What's new

Southern Witchcrafts Necromantic

Necromantic. Southern Witchcrafts says it "evokes imagery of love, romance, and death," which, I suppose in their context, are not mutually exclusive. It actually evoked imagery, for me, of that Riddick movie (just from the name, nothing related to fragrance). The performance of this vegan soap is as always, outstanding, as is the perfectly matching alcohol-free aftershave. I don't dwell on SW performance now because, as previously described, it has been outstanding for all their products so far tried, so I could just say "ditto."

Scent notes. SW describes the profile as: "rose, wisteria, honey, red wine, dirt, ozone." That's right, "dirt." You might be surprised, as I was, to discover that quite a few fragrances (some rather expensive) include "dirt" as part of their base. And interestingly (I've only tried Demeter's cheaper Dirt) it does provide a unique, truly "earthy," rich scent very distinct from petrichor (I didn't catch "ozone" in the profile, which would be a true petrichor), and blended with other fragrances is quite nice. Who hasn't loved the smell of a freshly turned garden? But I digress. This fragrance doesn't smell like dirt. Much. It does smell like wisteria and rose though (the label says "wisteria, rose, honey and red wine"). And it does smell like dirt some - in a good way. All sort of like walking through a rose garden, surrounded by blooming wisteria bushes after a Spring downpour. And don't misinterpret the fragrance as a plain floral - it very much is a blend of all of the above, for another totally unique fragrance by SW, earthy and floral (I include honey and wine in the floral category) at the same time. Not for daily wear, for me, but when I might want a very unique, surprising lift to the day from my morning shave, and maybe it's a cooler weather scent from their lineup as well, although it could certainly work as a Spring/Summer in-the-garden scent. I like it.

20200505_162111.jpg

When I read "dirt" I immediately thought of B&M's Diamond. I rarely use it, but this one sounds much more amenable to frequent use. But you already got me stoked for Pomona so I'll be skipping this one. But once again, a well done review. Dare I say you are the MacDuff of soap reviews?

When I read "dirt" I immediately thought of B&M's Diamond. I rarely use it, but this one sounds much more amenable to frequent use. But you already got me stoked for Pomona so I'll be skipping this one. But once again, a well done review. Dare I say you are the MacDuff of soap reviews?

And damned be him that first cries "Hold, enough!" :biggrin1:

Top Bottom