What's new

Southern Witchcrafts Desairology

Sort of a morbid beginning, but Desairology is the practice of cosmetology on the deceased, a very necessary and appreciated service for the living. In keeping with Southern Witchcrafts' "Adams Family" labeling quirkiness, Desairology, the soap, is only peripherally related - as in SW's interpretation of classic barbershop scents. To my nose, mostly agreement, and the performance is up to the excellent par with other offerings in SW's lineup. Another outstanding soap and AS in performance, from Georgia (the state, not the country).

Scent notes. SW's listed profile: "sandalwood, musk, oakmoss, citrus, lavender, vanilla, oud, burnt white sage, burnt palo santo, gardenia." And their description is "a spooky twist on classic barbershop scents." If there is such a thing (and it's used a lot in shaving descriptions), to me "classic" barbershop would be a tobacco-ish, powdery talcum-ish, lavender-ish, lilac-ish, clean sandalwood-ish/cedar-ish scent. And that's, sort of, this soap, with the modifiers for me of: mostly sandalwood and sage on the front end. Mostly. With musk or oud in the back, and a hint of citrus (grapefruit?). The label says: sandalwood, musk, vanilla, sage, citrus." OK, I'm on board with that. Noses are different, but it does more than hint of other fragrances that have billed themselves as "barbershop," but with an added complexity that is typical Southern Witchcrafts, and, to me delightful. Not a seasonal fragrance to me, but wearable daily, although I can see its turn-of-the-season muskiness for Fall. Another keeper, and worthy of SW's other fragrances I've tried.

20200505_123645.jpg

Top Bottom