What's new

Southern Witchcraft's Boonana

Eben Stone

Staff member
Surprised no one has mentioned it yet. Anyone tried it? I read the description, and I plan to order some samplers, but still curious to know more about the scent.

I’m curious about this one as well. SW soaps are among my faves but I’m not sure I’d want a whole tub of banana soap but, they’ll probably “spice” it up with other intriguing scents in true SW fashion.

Just used a sample of Boonana this morning and was very surprised by it. It is banana forward yet not over powering. You get more of a nice masculine boozy spice aroma with it. I was not expecting to like it as much as I do. I will be buying the soap/splash and its available.

I actually did a review video on it this morning lol...

Just shaved with Boonana for the first time.
Going into this understand that I'm a fan of Southern Witchcraft's soap formula and scents.
Soap performance was what I have come to expect from SW. Easy to face lather, dense but low volume, good slickness, good post shave.
Off the puck I get a scent that leans torwards the cologne side of the spectrum, moderately banana forward. Lathered the scents back off a bit and produce a very nice balance of mild banana up front with boozy/cognac scent base and a touch of spice and sweetness. Post shave, the scent lingers nicely but doesn't intrude. Mild to moderate strength. More warm spice forward with a base of mild banana and booze. Reminds me a bit of a Bananas Foster, though I wouldn't call it a "gormand" scent. I'm really liking this. If I didn't know one of it's main components was banana it would take me awhile to pick it out, that's how nicely balanced it is.
Unfortunately this is a keeper. I say unfortunately because this adds another Southern Witchcraft's scent I want to keep on hand.

Just shaved with Boonana for the first time.
Going into this understand that I'm a fan of Southern Witchcraft's soap formula and scents.
Soap performance was what I have come to expect from SW. Easy to face lather, dense but low volume, good slickness, good post shave.
Off the puck I get a scent that leans torwards the cologne side of the spectrum, moderately banana forward. Lathered the scents back off a bit and produce a very nice balance of mild banana up front with boozy/cognac scent base and a touch of spice and sweetness. Post shave, the scent lingers nicely but doesn't intrude. Mild to moderate strength. More warm spice forward with a base of mild banana and booze. Reminds me a bit of a Bananas Foster, though I wouldn't call it a "gormand" scent. I'm really liking this. If I didn't know one of it's main components was banana it would take me awhile to pick it out, that's how nicely balanced it is.
Unfortunately this is a keeper. I say unfortunately because this adds another Southern Witchcraft's scent I want to keep on hand.
Nice review! It was included in my recent sample purchase and I’m looking forward to trying it soon. How many shaves do you typically get from one of their samplers?

Don't know. I bought a full puck.
I opened my sample and will shave with it tomorrow. It has an amazing scent!

1677269770601.png

Eben Stone

Staff member
In October, I bought samplers of Boonana, Carpathia, Desairology, Fougere Nemeta, Grave Fruit II, Labryinth, and Tres Matres. I might buy full tubs of Fougere Nemeta, Grave Fruit II, Tres Matres. I thought Boonana was okay.

Shaved using Boonana for the first time today.
As with all Southern Witchcrafts soaps, the base is excellent. The scent is just fantastic! this one's a winner and at some point I will purchase the full size puck and aftershave.

Thanks! I will try it out then. All of my Southern Witchcrafts have made white lather but the Boonana looks much darker than the others I’ve used.
You're welcome!
I had a little bit left over in my bowl so I decided to confirm. Looking at it closely I see some yellow undertones making the color border between white and beige.

IMG_2518.jpg

IMG_2519.jpg

You're welcome!
I had a little bit left over in my bowl so I decided to confirm. Looking at it closely I see some yellow undertones making the color border between white and beige.

View attachment 1611762
View attachment 1611763
That’s acceptable. I don’t mind that sort of colour. It’s when they are definitely beige and any drips stain my towel or clothes that it bothers me. I think soap is supposed to make things cleaner, not dirtier - that’s my basic expectation.

So incredibly kind of you to post pics. I’d have been quite content to take your word and I didn’t expect anyone to go to this trouble.

Top Bottom