What's new

Southern Witchcraft Must Have's

I'm new to Southern Witchcraft soap and I picked up a few samples. As of right now, I have Boonana, Autumn Ash, Carpathia, Dyrumantia, and Samhain. Out of those samples I have not used Carpathia or Samhain. I love Boonana, and Autumn Ash. Dyrumantia is good but I would put it in third place so far. Autumn Ash was very pleasant I was expecting a darker scent. But it reminded me of a walk in the wet forest in fall with a sweet breeze. SW base is stupid slick to me and I love it so far.

What other scents are must-haves for all of you?

IMG_7660.jpg

I love Southern Witchcrafts, and enjoy shaving with all of their scents. With the caveat that scent is super subjective, I'd rank my favorites in order:

1. Fougere Nemeta (use mostly in spring/summer)
2. Samhain (Fall/Winter)
3. Valley of Ashes (unique notes, reminds me a little of Chiseled Face Midnight Stag, but is a more traditionally pleasant scent-somehow smells dirty and clean at the same time)
4. Autumn Ash
5. Desairology - a musky dark powdery barbershop

I love the edp for Labyrinth (a cologne like scent-cold,wet, stone) but I don't pick up much off the soap and only a little off the splash.

Carmilla is my current favorite AS, not just from SW, but overall. I love the intoxicating incense & amber notes, but it has a lot of other notes too, that make it a very classy frag.

I also like Labyrinth in AS. I’ve received several compliments wearing both aftershaves.

I love Carpathia, I enjoyed the Samhain sample which is something of a gourmand. I have been told Druantia may appeal to my sensibilities so I want to try it soon.

1 Gravefruit II
2 Arcane Abyss (seasonal idk if coming back ever)
3 Pomona
4 Samhain or autumn ash

Only the first two are absolute to me. I could swap the rest depending on mood or season. Labyrinth is nice but a little weak, so I think I prefer necromantic. Tried a few more that I don't care for like tres matres and druantia. Alchemist is awesome but discontinued for a while now.

Last edited:
Did not like Autumn Ash at all. Tried, but the dirt note was too much. And strong. The scent lingered, more than I've noticed with any other soap. Binned.

Samhain is a pleasant Autumn scent.

Did not like Autumn Ash at all. Tried, but the dirt note was too much. And strong. The scent lingered, more than I've noticed with any other soap. Binned.

Samhain is a pleasant Autumn scent.
This is why I love Southern Witchcrafts soaps and splashes. The smell lasts all day on me. I fully understand why others don’t want this but for me it’s pure gold (along with the second best performing soap I have ever tried).

Strange. I hadn’t heard about it being discontinued. Last time I was on their website I did notice that it was sold out though
Agreed. Someone on another forum told me that SW did a poll of some kind and Pomona was not very popular and they decided to discontinue it. I recall he had an email or something, but if I believed everything I read on the internet, I would be in trouble. 🤪

Agreed. Someone on another forum told me that SW did a poll of some kind and Pomona was not very popular and they decided to discontinue it. I recall he had an email or something, but if I believed everything I read on the internet, I would be in trouble. 🤪
A lot of people would if they believed everything they read on the internet. But there are those people out there. I’d be disappointed if Pomona has been discontinued. It’s one of my favorite scents of theirs

Top Bottom