What's new

Southern Witchcraft After Shave

Because of my love of fall scents (and all things fall really), a few weeks ago, I ordered Southern Witchcraft Autumn Ash soap and AS.

Have to say the soap is sublime. Great scent and great performance. Slick as all get out. OTOH, couldn't be more disappointed with the AS. Showed up frothy on top, pale in the middle, and black on the bottom. Says shake well before using. Sure. A really hard shake and what did I end up with? Frothy on top, pale in the middle, and black bottom. Whatever they are using, it clearly is not miscible. Not worth sending back, but really disappointed. Can't even mix it to get a single application. Have over 20 after shaves, and this is the only one that's ever done anything like this.

Wonder if anyone else has seen something similar w their after shaves.

In their defense, they got back to me quickly and offered a refund. Problems happen with any company - what makes the difference is how they deal with them, and Southern Witchcraft dealt with it as well as any customer could have hoped.

Was really just wondering if anyone else had this happen before.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
:cuppa: It may / probably does vary per formula.

The SW Pomona AS is wonderful in scent face feel etc.

The SW Samhain, yes, needs a real shaking. There's about three levels of stuff. But a shake and it's good.

AA

In their defense, they got back to me quickly and offered a refund. Problems happen with any company - what makes the difference is how they deal with them, and Southern Witchcraft dealt with it as well as any customer could have hoped.

Was really just wondering if anyone else had this happen before.

They get credit for trying! :a39::a39:

Let us know how things work out (PLEASE).

Because of my love of fall scents (and all things fall really), a few weeks ago, I ordered Southern Witchcraft Autumn Ash soap and AS.

Have to say the soap is sublime. Great scent and great performance. Slick as all get out. OTOH, couldn't be more disappointed with the AS. Showed up frothy on top, pale in the middle, and black on the bottom. Says shake well before using. Sure. A really hard shake and what did I end up with? Frothy on top, pale in the middle, and black bottom. Whatever they are using, it clearly is not miscible. Not worth sending back, but really disappointed. Can't even mix it to get a single application. Have over 20 after shaves, and this is the only one that's ever done anything like this.

Wonder if anyone else has seen something similar w their after shaves.
I just received my first SW products on Friday and I was wondering the same thing myself so this morning I contacted SW to inquire:

Here is what I sent:
Good morning Courtney and Stephen
I have a quick question with respect to my bottle of Samhain Aftershave.
After shaking the bottle vigorously for a couple of minutes I'm wondering if more shaking is required since the bottom half of the bottle is still dark. I'm attaching a picture so you can see what I mean.
It smells fantastic BTW.

Please let me know. Thank you!

Response received in less than an hour:
Paul, the bottle is black on bottom and transitions to clear on top, so it will look unblended when it is actually fine. You can test it by emptying it into a clear container and the mixture will be homogenous. Let me know if that doesn’t make sense!

Fantastic customer service!

For context here is the photo sent to the vendor. You can see how the bottle is black at the bottom and transitions to clear on top.

IMG_8239.jpg

Ad Astra

The Instigator
:a39:Yes. The bottle is painted at the bottom ... cool isn't it?

I did a double-take also but figured it out - didn't realize that's what you were referring to! Sorry.

Like many AS, it does require shaking ... too ... but the bottom half is (airbrush?) painted.

Interestingly, the Pomona bottle is just plain brown plastic. Both are 4 oz., but the glass painted Samhain bottle is spiffier, IMO.

AA

:a39:Yes. The bottle is painted at the bottom ... cool isn't it?

I did a double-take also but figured it out - didn't realize that's what you were referring to! Sorry.

Like many AS, it does require shaking ... too ... but the bottom half is (airbrush?) painted.

Interestingly, the Pomona bottle is just plain brown plastic. Both are 4 oz., but the glass painted Samhain bottle is spiffier, IMO.

AA
Yes the bottle is really cool but the lotion inside is awesome!

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Ah mystery solved! I suppose when you put some in your palm you might notice if it’s off somehow

Top Bottom