What's new

Southern Witch & Wizards' Guild

@awk_m4 and I were discussing Southern Witchcrafts soaps recently and we both agreed that these exceptional and unique products should have an official club. To remedy this situation, I present the Southern Witch and Wizards' Guild, dedicated to all things Southern Witchcrafts.

The only requirement to join is an appreciation of Southern Witchcrafts products. Whether you use them every shave, only occasionally, or are new to them, feel free to become a member of the guild and post about your favorite SW soap, splash, or EdP.

Who else is in, and what are your favorite scents?

Thursday March 23, 2023
Today's shave featured the following Southern Witchcrafts products:
Lather: Southern Witchcrafts Incorporeal

Incorporeal is an unscented soap. I typically prefer scented soaps and to pair them accordingly with matching aftershaves. Incorporeal fits in when I've run out of a particular soap and yet still have the aftershave on hand.

All Southern Witchcrafts products are vegan and developed by Courtney Brooks otherwise known as the SoapWitch Extraordinaire!
Today's aftershave isn't something I would use everyday. It has a very unique and interesting scent featuring Coal, Bourbon, Diesel among others. To me, the scent reminds me of incense. I like it!

IMG_2765.jpg

I'll add that I'm new to SW myself, but my favorite scent so far is Desairology. Thanks to kind PIFs from @awk_m4 and @AnimalCatcher, I've tried soap samples of Samhain, Autumn Ash, and Desairology, and splash samples of Samhain, Desairology, Necromancy, and Lycanthropy. I liked them so much, I ordered and recently received this

DB12362E-C4BC-4231-880F-BAA0F5206A5C.jpeg

full soap sampler from the "Soap Witch Extraordinaire" (actually business card title 🪄), which I will proceed to try out over the next few weeks. All of them smell interesting, and anywhere between good and awesome. Can't wait to lathering them up and discover my favorites!

I'm in! And I love the name, well done, @T Bone!

I've only tried one so far and the performance was terrific, so I am sure that SW will be stocked in my shave den. The scents are so interesting sounding and even more so when you smell them. I have a few I'll be trying soon and I'll be happy to share my perspectives.

Last edited:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
As I've mentioned many times, the scent ingredients negatively affect my face. I recently got some Southern Witchcrafts unscented Incorporeal and have used it for my last two shaves. It's a wonderful soap... more of a croap, I guess. I will definitely be buying it again.

It was back in the fall of 2021 that I first learned about SW products right here in the Shave of the Day! forum. Between those shaving pictures and the reviews I was sold! Samhain was my first of many purchases! Wonderful stuff really. And the scent is just delicious! I agree with @Phoenixkh in that the soap is more of a croap.

For this morning I chose the soap that started it all for me. I'm on my third puck and will likely be purchasing a forth by the fall.
Courtney Brooks and Stephen Joiner started Southern Witchcrafts in 2017. Stephen by the way is an exceptional artist and based on my requirements he designed and built the shaving brush in my photo. The inspiration for my brush is another fine soap by SW and will share the details when I review that soap. For more information on his products please go to Dogwood Handcrafts - https://dogwoodhandcrafts.com/
I waited about seven months for my brush and it was totally worth it!
IMG_2776.jpg

First pick from the sampler bag...

31455C41-D0D9-463C-A2D2-DF01B01AD6C0.jpeg
1993A652-A419-46E6-B731-F9D20486001A.jpeg
029FADB8-84DF-496B-A15F-1DEEA94CDECD.jpeg

Lycanthropy! And I happen to still have some splash sample to go with it. 😃 I'm not the best scent identifier, but it definitely smells floral (must be the lilac - I'm cheating a bit looking at the description), and I get the moss and fir trees too... What you'd smell if you were a werewolf running through an evergreen forest! 🐺😜

Have a great weekend, and happy shaves!

B6CC4B2E-1180-45F6-B447-D7A9706EF72E.jpeg

First pick from the sampler bag...

View attachment 1626411 View attachment 1626412 View attachment 1626413

Lycanthropy! And I happen to still have some splash sample to go with it. 😃 I'm not the best scent identifier, but it definitely smells floral (must be the lilac - I'm cheating a bit looking at the description), and I get the moss and fir trees too... What you'd smell if you were a werewolf running through an evergreen forest! 🐺😜

Have a great weekend, and happy shaves!

View attachment 1626414
Awesome review @T Bone !

I remember taking this sample with me on vacation last Summer. My wife commented on how she liked the scent. I made a mental note to buy a full size puck It's on my list!

I’m a big fan of SW: their scents,and the performance of their products. I currently have one tub of shave soap (Samhain), and 3 after shave splashes in rotation (Carmilla, Labyrinth, & Samhain). Two thumbs up!
How's Carmilla? "Nag Champa, Amber, Sandalwood, and Frankincense" sounds pretty great to me, too bad it's discontinued.

How's Carmilla? "Nag Champa, Amber, Sandalwood, and Frankincense" sounds pretty great to me, too bad it's discontinued.
Carmilla is fantastic! I was crushed that it was discontinued. Dark, classy, aromatic. SW is great at capturing a certain mood or idea in fragrance, and Carmilla is a perfect example. Imagine sitting in an supple leather chair, in the library of a vampire’s castle; surrounded by ancient books in ornate bookshelves, drinking brandy by candlelight; intoxicating incense gently dancing in the air… that is Carmilla.

I'm relatively new to Southern Witchcrafts too, I got a few samples of various brands from Maggard a few weeks ago and Desairology was one. I wasn't sure about the scent but it really grew on me over a couple shaves. The performance is so great, and the post shave is great for my skin. So I bought a tub direct from SW and it's becoming my go-to soap lately. I also got a sample of Labyrinth which is a more subtle scent but very nice. Reminds me of an old school soap scent that I can't put my finger on...it's somewhat familiar though.

I haven't bothered with the splashes since Desairology works very nicely with my two current favorites (the Veg and Proraso Red) but I suppose I'll dip my toe in eventually.

Agreed @T Bone
I think every business has to realize a proper return on Investment on any product they release. SW releases so many scent profiles that those that don’t sell fall off the grid fairly quickly. Was Carmilla included in your samples?

Last edited:
Top Bottom