What's new

Southern Witch & Wizards' Guild

Agreed @T Bone
I think every business has to realize a proper return on Investment on any product they release. I think it's fair to say that smaller Artisan shops have to focus on products that are selling. Was Carmilla included in your samples?
Yeah, I get the reasoning, I assume it makes sense from a business perspective. Carmilla wasn't in my samples. I don't see it for sale anywhere, so I suspect it was discontinued awhile ago.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I used Valley or Ashes this morning. What a great soap. I only use SW occasionally. But I really love the lather and the scent profiles. I despise anything with floral or perfume top scents. So a lot of the earthy, dark and leathery profiles are more up my alley. So SW is good for me. I also love the thick gooey lather. I do have another soap maker as my primary, that I use the majority of the time. But there are a couple of notable secondary soaps that I also love and keep in the rotation. SW is one of them. Very enjoyable products.

1679714272720.png

I used Valley or Ashes this morning. What a great soap. I only use SW occasionally. But I really love the lather and the scent profiles. I despise anything with floral or perfume top scents. So a lot of the earthy, dark and leathery profiles are more up my alley. So SW is good for me. I also love the thick gooey lather. I do have another soap maker as my primary, that I use the majority of the time. But there are a couple of notable secondary soaps that I also love and keep in the rotation. SW is one of them. Very enjoyable products.

View attachment 1626521
I went through that puck really quickly. Loved it!

I shaved using Boonana this morning. It was released last fall and when I read about it I wasn't sure what I would think of it given that banana is listed as one of the primary scent notes. I get the banana, bourbon, definitely mixed with a floral scent and a vanilla undertone. I love it and I'm waiting for my local distributor to restock and will order the puck and aftershave.

IMG_2784.jpg

Yeah, I get the reasoning, I assume it makes sense from a business perspective. Carmilla wasn't in my samples. I don't see it for sale anywhere, so I suspect it was discontinued awhile ago.
I guess I was fortunate to receive it in my last batch of samples. At some point I'll get to it and after scooping out about half I'll send the rest including the aftershave your way so you can give it a try.

Heading out with my gal tonight presented a fantastic opportunity to freshen up with a second shave. the remnants of this morning's scooping were more than enough for a fantastic shave Feeling and smelling great!

Brush: Dogwood Handcrafts
Lather: Southern Witchcrafts Boonana

IMG_2788.jpg

Shaved with Incorporeal and paired it with one of my favorite aftershaves: Carpathia
Carpathia is a tribute to Bram Stoker's Dracula. A real masculine scent some really nice earthy undertones. Feels great on a crisp March day!

IMG_2789.jpg

Sample 2 - Boonana

FD05232E-75F9-4047-A092-2576F440F2CB.jpeg

I don't like foody scents, so I wasn't expecting to like this one, but I should have known better that Southern Witchcrafts wouldn't make a scent that was that one-note. This scent actually smells to me more boo(ze) than (ba)nana, though the banana is definitely there. I also get some vanilla and more that I can’t place. Nice scent!

Sample 2 - Boonana

View attachment 1627497

I don't like foody scents, so I wasn't expecting to like this one, but I should have known better that Southern Witchcrafts wouldn't make a scent that was that one-note. This scent actually smells to me more boo(ze) than (ba)nana, though the banana is definitely there. I also get some vanilla and more that I can’t place. Nice scent!
Agreed @T Bone !
Bourbon is the first scent I get. I'm waiting for Top of the Chain to get both the soap and aftershave back in stock. Once they do I'll order them. Great stuff!!

Small order of business since we have a quorum, I was going to add the club to my signature line, and invite other members to do so as well. Do we go with “SWWG” or does someone want to come up with a clever bacronym? Pretty sure a mod would change the thread title.

Small order of business since we have a quorum, I was going to add the club to my signature line, and invite other members to do so as well. Do we go with “SWWG” or does someone want to come up with a clever bacronym? Pretty sure a mod would change the thread title.
I have the full name of the club in my signature. Personally I like to avoid acronyms, saves have to respond to questions on what the acronym stands for. No ambiguity that way. Besides, I think the name you chose is cool!

Paul

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I'm glad you guys recommended Southern Witchcrafts soaps. I just love the Incorporeal unscented.... It's as good as Canada Shaving Soap... and from me, that is a huge compliment. They are the same price per ounce though I believe the Canada Shaving Soap will last a bit longer because it's harder and the Incorporeal is a croap. The Incorporeal rinses more quickly from my shaving bowl, very noticeably, so I believe it rinses off my face with less remaining residue, so that's another huge plus.

With a name this good, why would anyone want to abbreviate it? :)

Related, would this group of witches and wizards/warlocks be a coven?

With a name this good, why would anyone want to abbreviate it? :)
Thanks, glad the name seems to fit the vibe. I’ve taken @awk_m4’s suggestion and updated my signature accordingly.

Related, would this group of witches and wizards/warlocks be a coven?
(Googles “coven”…) Yes. Er, maybe… Might be getting too deep in the metaphor, but is a coven just witches? As far as I know, we’re just shaving wizards so far, LOL.

I'm glad you guys recommended Southern Witchcrafts soaps. I just love the Incorporeal unscented.... It's as good as Canada Shaving Soap... and from me, that is a huge compliment. They are the same price per ounce though I believe the Canada Shaving Soap will last a bit longer because it's harder and the Incorporeal is a croap. The Incorporeal rinses more quickly from my shaving bowl, very noticeably, so I believe it rinses off my face with less remaining residue, so that's another huge plus.
I'm glad you like it! It's an awesome soap and I'm planning on shaving with it tomorrow. I'm feeling a bit like Sandalwood so most likely going to pair it with Desairology to finish the shave.

Sample 3 - Autumn Ash

D47DA664-2437-48A8-BCAB-581BA3ED1C04.jpeg

This is a scent I've tried before, and I love it!

It's smoky. Like a campfire, deep in the woods. There's a cauldron heating over it. Surrounded by a coven of witches and wizards, no doubt. The smoke from the fire mingles with the smell of spices, a bit of sweet maple, and a few other subtle scents. A bewitching fireside shave! 🪵🔥🪵

Top Bottom