What's new

South Orange County, California

Crabtree & Evelyn (South Coast Plaza, Costa Mesa) - All the C&E items.

Nordstroms (South Coast Plaza, Costa Mesa) - Art of Shaving & Truefitt and Hill products.

Fresh (South Coast Plaza, Costa Mesa) - Fragrances

Penhaligons (Santa Monica) - All the Penhaligons items.

L'Occitane (Fasion Island, Newport Beach) - All the L'Occitane items. No luck with samples.

Caswell-Massey (Fasion Island, Newport Beach) - All the Caswell-Massey items.

Whole Foods (Tustin) - KMF, Tom's of Maine, Thayers, and some other brands I've never seen. For non-shaving stuff, they have Burts Bees and lots of other nathional brands. Jojoba oil.

Vitamin Shoppe (Aliso Viejo, Irvine) - Thayers, Tom's of Maine (everything but shaving cream), and Burt's Bees. A couple of different Jojoba oils. No "shaving" products except for one package deal of scrub, shaving cream, and moisturizor from a brand that I haven't seen before. Everything is cheaper on their website.

CVS (everywhere) - Palmolive shave cream, rebranded US Personnas, Williams soap, Pinaud Clubman aftershave, talc, styptic, & mustache wax.

Stater Brothers (everywhere) - Williams soap, US Personnas, and Wilkinson Sword Classic blades. I also saw a few glycerin soaps that might be able to be used in a pinch.

Sav-on Drugstore (Everywhere) - Burma-shave soap and brush, Pinaud Clubman talc, mustache wax. Tom's of Maine deodorant.

Long's Drug (Everywhere) - Surrey shave soap and brush. All the normal drug store items.

Mother's Market (Laguna Hills) - Tom's of Maine, KMF, Thayers, Aloe80, Weleda, Herban Cowboy.

Target (Everywhere) - Proraso

letterk said:
Nordstroms (South Coast Plaza, Costa Mesa) - Art of Shaving & Truefitt and Hill products.

Did Nordstrom's at South Coast Plaza finally get the Truefitt & Hill products in? Last time I was there in mid April, they still hadn't gotten anything in yet.

Just got off the phone with Nordstrom's. Yes and no. Yes, they got the items, but they only ordered 3 of each. They've sold out of a lot of items, but have ordered more (6 of everything). Shaving creams were an item she mentioned they have.

Just added L'Occitane. Am going to make a trip there later in the week to see what they have.

Just added Longs Drug and Mothers Market. Anyone try any of the Weleda or Herban Cowboy stuff?

letterk said:
Just added Longs Drug and Mothers Market. Anyone try any of the Weleda or Herban Cowboy stuff?

I've seen a few opinions on this one...nothing worth repeating or buying...

Randy

john,

is burma shave also available at albertson's (up until recently it was the parent company of savon - now owned by cvs) as i have seen it in their north orange county stores.

thanks,
mike

letterk said:
Sav-on Drugstore (Everywhere) - Burma-shave soap and brush, Pinaud Clubman talc, mustache wax. Tom's of Maine deodorant.

mikey said:
john,

is burma shave also available at albertson's (up until recently it was the parent company of savon - now owned by cvs) as i have seen it in their north orange county stores.

thanks,
mike

I haven't looked in an Albertson's. I'll try to look next time I pass one.

It's north of you and not in OC but the ShaverShop in Torrance has Merkur razors and some nice shaving creams, etc.

Hmm....

I've seen the Urban Cowboy stuff at Henry's Markets. There's one in Costa Mesa on Harbor Blvd just south of the 405. There's also one in Fullerton, on Harbor Blvd just north of the 91. I tried it. I didn't like it al all.

Also, don't forget Target for Proraso stuff! There are Targets all over Orange County!

-Warr

hello warr,

i have seen the herban cowboy stuff at henry's here in the 909 as well. they also had some tom's of maine, weleda and jason products.

also, don't forget there is a henry's in either placentia or yorba linda (along with brea i'm never sure where the city boundaries start and stop).

thanks,
mike

wernst said:
Hmm....

I've seen the Urban Cowboy stuff at Henry's Markets. There's one in Costa Mesa on Harbor Blvd just south of the 405. There's also one in Fullerton, on Harbor Blvd just north of the 91. I tried it. I didn't like it al all.

Also, don't forget Target for Proraso stuff! There are Targets all over Orange County!

-Warr

LetterK, thank you for taking the time to complile this list. I had assumed the the Penhalogin's store was in Beverly Hills but then again South Coast Palaza is more Rodeo Dr. than Rodeo Drive is now a days.

Is the Penhalogin's store on the main side or accoss the sky bridge?

It's in the main side, near the center (where they usually put the big Christmas tree), second floor.

A very sad day. I was planning on heading over to Penhaligon's this weekend and just found out they moved to Santa Monica. It went from being a 15 minute drive to an hour. :mad:

A very sad day. I was planning on heading over to Penhaligon's this weekend and just found out they moved to Santa Monica. It went from being a 15 minute drive to an hour. :mad:

What a downer...although that is still closer than a lot of people on this board. I will say though that Penhaligons is one store worthy of such a drive...

John, does that store do any online/mail order sales or is it just walk in business ?

Top Bottom