What's new

South African shaving soaps

Reitzer Perfect Shave is manufactured by Reitzer Pharmaceuticals and found at our local pharmacies/drugstores. It is a glycerine soap base, with added olive oil and tea tree oil.

That soap is excellent also. I was told that it’s very cheap.

Rick

I can with ease recommend RVT (River Valley Trading) shave soap which is hand made in Durban, South Africa.
[/QUOTE]

Wow! Looks like I will have to make a point of going shaving soap shopping on my next trip to SA. Are these soaps available in Pretoria? If so which shops will stock them?

I can with ease recommend RVT (River Valley Trading) shave soap which is hand made in Durban, South Africa.

Wow! Looks like I will have to make a point of going shaving soap shopping on my next trip to SA. Are these soaps available in Pretoria? If so which shops will stock them?
[/QUOTE]

I think you’d have to go to the sources themselves.

Rick

I think you’d have to go to the sources themselves.
Yes I had a look at Bundubeard's website. He sells a lot of shaving stuff, by the look of it good quality. Doesn't look like he sells retail, only online. I will get an order in when I plan a visit and have it delivered before I arrive. It's not worth ordering to the UK from South Africa, postage and taxes make it very expensive.

Yes I had a look at Bundubeard's website. He sells a lot of shaving stuff, by the look of it good quality. Doesn't look like he sells retail, only online. I will get an order in when I plan a visit and have it delivered before I arrive. It's not worth ordering to the UK from South Africa, postage and taxes make it very expensive.

I live in Canada so the cost of shipping from there to here is altogether ridiculous. I’m very lucky to have a good friend living in Bloemfontein who looked after my shaving needs. He used DHL because from what a few South Africans told me SAPO’s service is among the world’s worst. I’m a member of the master shave forum in SA and I’ve already chatted with Jaco and Mohamed, who owns River Valley Trading. :)

Rick

A few years back I got several battlepacks of SA surplus 7.62 X 51mm ammo. If the SA soap is anywhere as good as the ammo, it would be definitely worth trying.

A few years back I got several battlepacks of SA surplus 7.62 X 51mm ammo. If the SA soap is anywhere as good as the ammo, it would be definitely worth trying.
Yep we used to use that ammo in the R1 (FN-FAL copy)

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom