What's new

Source for Estate Pipes?

Would anyone be able to point me towards a reputable vendor or source who sells restored estate pipes?

what is your budget? You looking for low, mid or high grade?

smokingpipes.com has a large selection and their service is A1.

As far as budget, I suppose I'd like to keep the price under that of a new Peterson or Savinelli, as that's what I was initially considering. I figured I'd get a little more for my money with an estate pipe. Seeing how I currently own only ONE pipe (corn cob), I'd like to keep the price as low as possible as I may end up buying more than one as to allow for a bit of rotation. Less than $50 a piece, perhaps? I'm flexible if there's a strikingly nice piece that's only a little out of the range.

As far as grade, I'm still too new to pipes to properly appreciate a high end piece, but I don't want to buy something that's borderline disposeable if you know what I mean. Low to mid-grade would be fine for my purposes.

As far as budget, I suppose I'd like to keep the price under that of a new Peterson or Savinelli, as that's what I was initially considering. I figured I'd get a little more for my money with an estate pipe. Seeing how I currently own only ONE pipe (corn cob), I'd like to keep the price as low as possible as I may end up buying more than one as to allow for a bit of rotation. Less than $50 a piece, perhaps? I'm flexible if there's a strikingly nice piece that's only a little out of the range.

As far as grade, I'm still too new to pipes to properly appreciate a high end piece, but I don't want to buy something that's borderline disposeable if you know what I mean. Low to mid-grade would be fine for my purposes.

you may also want to join the group... www.smokersforums.co.uk

A lot of people selling estates there.

I would suggest a mid grade Italian estate pipe to start, they offer tremendous value. You might have to move your price range up to $75-100 but you are going to get a pipe that sells for $200-400 new. Anther option to consider is a new Savinelli Natural. They go for about $35-40 and are good smokers.

Last edited:
So far, I've got all my estate pipes from ebay...you just need to be careful with your maximum bid and watch seller's feedback (as with any ebay purchase).

Mark at Pipecraft has a good range of new and estate pipes. Was very helpful with my recent enquiry and happy to answer all my questions...ended up not getting anything, only because the pipe I was interested in wasn't what I was looking for.

As mentioned by razorock you can get a Savinelli unfinished pipe for under $40.00 shipped from here:
http://www.pipetobaccotls.com/

I've got one of Byron's Savinelli Naturals....excellent service and very speedy delivery! It's a really nice smoker and I just waxed mine (didn't think it needed staining).

... I've got one of Byron's Savinelli Naturals....excellent service and very speedy delivery! ...

If you think you've received good service from an e-tailer, think again. Byron takes it to a whooole new dimension. He's really incredible, gets a lot of praise on other smoking forums. Buying from him, you definitely won't be disappointed.

Top Bottom