What's new

Soul patch

so thinking of growing a soul patch for that hard to shave area. Something like Tom Selleck had in Quigley Down Under. Or is that too creepy.

Personal opinion, so please take it with a grain of salt. I have had a beard, and will again in another month. I have also had a goatee, and it wasn't horrible. A soul patch just doesn't entice me, nor does my wife want to have me with one. Again, just my personal opinion.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Personal opinion, so please take it with a grain of salt. I have had a beard, and will again in another month. I have also had a goatee, and it wasn't horrible. A soul patch just doesn't entice me, nor does my wife want to have me with one. Again, just my personal opinion.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Ya know matter how hard I try my wife would most likely choose Tom Selleck over me.

My wife prefers no facial hair as well. I have done the full beard and various facial hair before though. I am kinda tempted to just grow a moustache though these days.

Wife likes a goatee, but likes it trimmed more closely than I prefer. so, every once in a while I will grow one, but it never lasts. Tried the soul patch once, thinking that, as it's under the lips, the wife would not be so fussy . . . WRONG.

Also, I hated it too, but don't tell her that.

Yeah, it works for some people.
:thumbup1:
Charlie_Chaplin-soul-patch.jpg

:whistling: Some it just won't help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Currently have a full mustache and soul patch. A couple of weeks ago I told the her I was thinking about breading the soul patch. The look was priceless. That area is the slowest growing on my face.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I've done 'em. Will again. Kinda cool that it bothers some folks, I'm weird like that.

If 47 years of marriage has taught me nothing else, I’d say ask your wife. You appear to have a nice mustache, so that tempers the weird factor, and I’d say it’s merely personal choice. I would never grow one as I believe a full, strong, bold and solitary mustache is the most manly. I simply cannot imagine Nick Offerman with one.

I’ve just recently grown my longtime pedestrian mustache well over my lips, and it’s generated a new found enthusiasm that’s been sorely lacking for 53 years. Perhaps you might enjoy doing so also.

Grow it....or grow a goatee and then shave everything besides the patch.....it's all GOOD; been doing it for years....ON-OFF......gotta do it at least once in your life......don't ask anyone....unless they pay all your expenses....

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Grow it....or grow a goatee and then shave everything besides the patch.....it's all GOOD; been doing it for years....ON-OFF......gotta do it at least once in your life......don't ask anyone....unless they pay all your expenses....
Post of the day my friend!

Greetings!
I have had a soul patch for basically my entire adult life(which hasn't been too long). That being said it can work on certain people and you will get some looks from people as its something you see every day. I have had mostly just a soul patch but recently I have added a mustache. My soon to wife (2 weeks and counting) prefers me with just a soul patch.

As always your mileage may vary.

Top Bottom