What's new

***** SOTD "WHERE I'M FROM" Week - November 14th to Nov 20th, 2022 *****

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ด๐Ÿ‡ป๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ป๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ฝ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ฎ SOTD "WHERE I'M FROM" Week - November 14th to Nov 20th, 2022 ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฏ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ผ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ช

We are going to switch it up a bit this week and maybe have a little fun! This SOTD week is dedicated to EVERYONE! That's right! We want to see some shaving items and/or decorations from where you are from. There are three different ways you can participate this week! So everyone can stay on theme and have some fun!

1) Post a shave honoring where you were BORN...
2) Post a shave showing where you currently live!
3) Post a shave that pays tribute to the home of your family heritage! Where do your ancestors hail from...

If you are choosing a location in the USA, try to narrow it down to the state. If you get as granular as the specific city, you get massive bonus points!

Same for you guys in other parts of the world! Try to show us a shave from the country you are honoring. If you can get a city-specific shave, mega bonus!

Again, show us a shave honoring either where you live, where you were born, or where your ancestors originated! Everyone should be able to participate with a themed shave this week!

Nothing themed? Please still post a pic of your usual shaving setups. Or post pics of your usual SOTD or just tell us all about it. Letโ€™s see lots of themed posts this week!

As always, the weekly themes are just a suggestion, but being creative and having fun IS mandatory. We encourage you to post or shoot photos of your Shave Gear of the Day regardless of the theme as sticking with the theme is NOT mandatory but encouraged. Highly encouraged! :)

Most of all, enjoy! Stay Smooth!
ย 

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
SOTD - "Where I'm From" week

I will start things off. My ancestors hail from Germany. So for today's shave, I will use things that are made in and around Germany. I am off on an RV adventure at the moment, so my choice of gear in the RV is limited. But I will make do. If I were home, I would have used all German made hardware and software. But no luck in the RV.

My razor is a beautiful Muhle R89 Grande. Years ago, I was a huge fan of the veritable EJ DE89. And as such, I had to get myself a Muhle R89. The same head design, but different plating, and different handle. This one is a stunner. Made in Germany. Big beefy handle. Great shaver.

The brush has not been in my collection nearly as long as the R89. This one is my current favorite travel brush. The Muhle STF 23 mm. It works great! Feels very much like a badger brush. And has zero maintenance or drying time. Its a winner. Perfect size for travel.

The blade of choice today is from a nearby country. Poland. The Vintage NOS Polsilver blade is excellent. Not the sharpest version of the Polsilver/Wizamet family, the brown box has ultimate smoothness, and very good durability.

The LEA shave stick comes from a neighbor to the south... Spain. What a great thick lather. Nothing like Arko! :)

I finished this shave with a double dose of software products from neighboring countries. The CADE Aftershave Balm came from France. The TFS 70 Splash came from Italy. They work very well together.

So my razor and brush today were from my ancestral homeland of Germany. The rest come from the neighborhood. Overall, and excellent shave! And a lovely tour of Europe too! Stay smooth everyone!

2022-11-13 19.59.25-1.jpg
ย 

Menthol Monday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor Oneblade Hybrid
Blade: Feather FHS-10 (D1)
Brush: Zenith B20 Boar 28mm
Bowl: The Distinctive Goat Style 10 5ยฝโ€ Walnut/Cherry
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Butter: Mickey Lee Lime
Shave Soap: Mama Bear Cilantro Lime Iced
Balm: Castle Forbes Lime
Aftershave: Shulton Old Spice Lime
โ€‹
ย 
11/14/22 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Harvest Moon Moroccan Argan Oil Body Soap
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Awesome Sauce Conditioning Shampoo Puck
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Blue Samhain CUBE 2.0 Spooky Preshave Soap Contains Rose Clay - A Phoenix Fall Classic!
Barrister and Mann Terrorade
Dr. Jon's Sunday Funday Fragrance Extravaganza Vegan Shaving Soap - Cold Fall Morning
The Razor Company - 28mm Cream Soda Acrylic - Synthetic Shave Brush
Creative Flame Pottery Stoneware Shaving Scuttle
GEM 1932-33 Open Comb MicroMatic Razor
Personna GEM SE Super Stainless Steel Blade - 1st Shave
Lancaster Razor Works Lavender Black Sheep Shaving Towel
Phoenix Shaving No Slip Grip Alum Block
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Alum Block Dry Dock System
Thayers Alcohol Free Cucumber Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera
The Holy Black Seven Deadly Sins Aftershave Tonic
NIVEA Men Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Awesome Sauce Natural Deodorant - Sport Strength - Homage To A Classic Italian Barbershop Scent!
The Holy Black Seven Deadly Sins Wrath Pomade
โ€‹

B IMG_2173.jpeg
ย 

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
9A8BE4F3-32D8-4EDE-8E56-4D291536BF0E.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Omega 10777.
2) Poland: Shaving Cream Nivea Men Sensitive Pro Hemp Shaving Cream.
3) England: Razor Gillette Flat Bottom Tech.
4) Germany: Razor Blade Timor.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Nautica Classic Cologne.
8) USA: Lather Bowl Captainโ€™s Choice Copper Lather Bowl.

9) Australia: Deodorant Nivea Men Cool Kick.โ€‹

ย 
Shave of Day BB.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Noble Otter Monarch
Brush
Frank Shaving Syn
Bowl
Captainโ€™s Choice Copper
Razor
Mergress XL
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Every Man Jack ASB
Fragrance
Jimmy Choo Man Intense
Rating
10/10
Comments
This is the second shave with the Mergress /Wizamet combo. The shave was not quite as smooth as yesterdayโ€™s shave. Nevertheless, it was an excellent BBS shave. The ASB worked wonders. 56th shave with this fine soap. I can squeeze out a few more shaves. Have a good one.
ย 
Monday
Pre-shave: Jack Black Pure Clean Daily Facial Cleanser /Baxter Beard Line Up Shave Gel
Razor: Gillette Ball-end Tech
Blade: Asco Platinum
Brush: EverReady 200 Restore w/Whipped Dog Silvertip
Soap: Fellow Barber Shave Cream
Aftershave: Alum/Thayerโ€™s Lemon Witch Hazel/Pinaud Clubman
Balm: Clinique for Men Anti-Age Moisturizer
ย 
proxy.php

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rooney 1/3 Super Silvertip Badger
Soap: Eufros Tobacco
Razor: Wolfman WR1 Head / WR2 Handle
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Bleue Extra (6)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Alpa Windsor Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Los Jabones de Joserra Orris Root Balm
ย 

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
ASRazor shave, November 14th, 2022

Razor : Star bar #4 model lather catcher(Rare)- Mfg 1929-30, upper mild>tame mid range depending on blade # usage, a new blade and this razor performs very nicely. Built to last with some care, very enjoyable drama free shave this morning(the kind we all enjoy)! Favorite lather catcher of 3 I own.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(1) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
Soap : Ogallala Bayrum & sandalwood, nice Bayrum scent with some clove + excellent lather qualities(slightly pastier side on a wet face works well for myself). Very affordable.
Brush : Yaqi "Viper" 24mm boar bristle hair- excellent lather generator, soft split end bristles, excellent splay scrubber + great lather painter. Very enjoyable boar brush.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave :Witch hazel beard cleanse + Ogallala Bayrum & Sandalwood (some clove):001_wub:+ a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Star bar #4 lather catcher with a Gem coated blade.
SOTD November 14 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!
ย 
proxy.php

HSOTD/SOTD 11/14/22

Well I missed a few days over the weekend, lots of things to do as we prep for a lot of things, tis the season!

I put away my much beloved Konsul in order to try a few other razors that are sitting in my drawer, and I'm still doing that. Today is was a Razorock Game Changer .68, a Tatara Masamune, and a Rockwell 6C (plate 4). More below...

Shower: Stirling Bay Rum bath soap, Jergens wet lotion
Razors: Razorock Game Changer .68, a Tatara Masamune, and a Rockwell 6C (plate 4)
Blades: Personna Lab Blue
Soap: The Body Shop Maca Root and Aloe
Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Bowl: Timeless
Preshave: PAA Cube 2.0
PostShave: CWD, Alum, Thayer's
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
Balm: Stirling unscented balm

As I suggested above, this was a bit of a test, 3 decent non-adjustable razors going head to head, same blade. The goal here is to weed out the razors that don't work for me in whatever way and thinning my flock, as it were. Out of the 3 tested today, the Rockwell 6C (plate 4) was the overall winner, followed by the Masamune, and lastly the Razorock GC .68. The GC gave me noticable razor burn and wasn't that fun to shave with. The 6C happily glides over smoothly, essentially zero blade feel but much more efficient on my skin than the GC. I know a lot of people like the GC but its just not for me. So the .68 and .84 Game Changers I think will go on the chopping block soon. The Masamune continues to be a nice razor, more bladefeel than the 6C plate 4 but not irritating like the GC. So I suppose I'll keep that one for a bit. The Personna blades are a nice all around blade as well.

Its cold and rainy here in North Texas, and I'm enjoying the return of Winter. Thank you friends for reading my diatribe, and please do continue to look up!
ย 
Status
Not open for further replies.