The Baron of Bokeh
Wednesday SOTD
ATT Aluminum SE1 /Schick Proline
WCS Two-Tone Tall Red & White 26mm Silvertip
Barrister and Mann Oceana Soft Heart Base & Aftershave

DSC_9252n.png

Last edited:
Happy Sunday all!

Just a heads up that this week’s theme is Shaving products you made or modified yourself.

Thanks to @Eclipse Red Ring for this week’s theme idea! 👍

It will be posted later tonight.

As I have been taking strong anti-arthritis medication for close to 30 years, my facial skin is now very thin and fragile. As a result, I have stuck over the last few years to my two most gentle types of razors (Feather AS-D1 and Stahly Live Blade, where I now have three of them, an original model, chromed brass one and two prototypes of the final, never produced model, with brushed stainless steel head and black anodised aluminium alloy body but all with fully working vibrating clockwork drives). I also have stuck to Taylors shave products, either their soap pucks or cream, in various flavours but my favourite is Sandalwood.

I thought on Sunday morning, when I was in the shower, that I might try something different, so I decided to go as basic/cheap as I could. I had an unused small cake of "no name" freebee shave soap in a plastic mini-bowl, that I had picked up in a French hotel. I got out of a drawer, a black badger brush that I had bought in Mysore, Karnataka, some years ago, after the knot dropped out of the British brush I was using at the time, when the glue had softened in the heat and humidity. I bought the new shave brush from a local pharmacy, with the help of Ahmed, our ever helpful (Muslim) driver. The first brush we were offered was treated with horror by Ahmed. "It is made from dirty animal. Please sir, do not put this near your face." I assume it was pig/boar bristle. The second brush was apparently OK, as it was badger. From memory, it cost me 90 Rupees - about £2 in 2012. For a razor I chose an old Gillette slim adjustable, that I think cost me £3 from a charity shop some 12 years ago, fitted with a Feather Platinum blade and set to No.1.

I have to say my shave was every bit as comfortable as the Feather and as close as with one of the Stahly Live Blades. The "no name" French soap was less of a success and getting a semi-decent lather was time consuming and less than 100% satisfactory, so consigned the puck-let of soap in its flimsy bowl, to the bin. So both yesterday and today, I reverted to Taylors Sandalwood soap for the Gillette Slim and had two great shaves. I have therefore added the Gillette to my everyday group of razors and the Indian badger to my row of silver-tip brushes.

Wilson

Tuesday

Brush: Omega 13522 Pure
Cream: Faulding
Razor: Merkur HD
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
A/S: Dollar Store Splash - Green / "Original"
Cologne / Fragrance: Sung Homme

Mike

02/14/22 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with HC&C Emperor Oud Soap Bar
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Son of Honeysuckle Conditioning Shampoo Puck - Summer Seasonal
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Chocolate CUBE 2.0 Valentine's Day Seasonal Preshave Soap
Phoenix Shaving The Original Chill Mill - Menthol Grinder
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Love Bombs Artisan Shaving Soap Valentine's Day Release
RazoRock Rosso Corsa F-400 XXL 34MM Noir Plissoft Synthetic Shaving Brush
Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl - Obsidian
Blackland Blackbird Safety Bar Polished Razor with 85mm Handle
Bolzano Superinox Blade - 1st Shave
Lancaster Razor Works Tangerine Orange Black Sheep Shaving Towel
Phoenix Shaving No Slip Grip Alum Block with Rubber Grip Band
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Alum Block Dry Dock System
Thayers Alcohol Free Lavender Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Love Bombs Artisan Aftershave/Cologne Valentine's Day Release
The Sudsy Soapery 100% All Natural Rose & Black Pepper Creamy Aftershave Balm
Schmidt’s Charcoal + Magnesium Mineral Enriched Natural Deodorant​

View attachment 1409634
Do love bombs come out every February?

Mon 14 SOTD with Vintage SR.
Soap/Cream Suezbana Aloe Vera & Lavender
Brush SOC Cherry Wood Boar
Razor P Hospital Le Grelot Thiers
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Bergamot Lavender + Clubman Whiskey Woods
Used to be a cream but is now hardened into soap-like consistency. Lovely scent with rich creamy and slick lather...
A good shave with the razor after stropping on buffalo leather. Can see and feel some improvement on the edge...awesome! Workday rush 2.5passes for an acceptable dfs/ccs finish. The aftershave was awesome & long-lasting...
20220314_092428.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom