What's new

🇺🇸 🇺🇸 SOTD - USA Theme Week - March 27th, 2023 to April 2nd, 2023 🇺🇸 🇺🇸

Status
Not open for further replies.
It‘s time again for another SOTD Theme Week! Let’s see your SOTD that contains at least one item made in the good ol‘ United States of America!

Let’s see your B&M, Stirling and Noble Otter soaps, Paladin, Elite and The Varlet bushes and American made vintage Gillette razors. Even USA made Personna blades work! How about a Captain’s Choice shaving bowl?

Don’t have anything American Made in your collection? Add something American made but non shaving related to your SOTD images. An American flag or any other cool Americana items would be cool to see. Budweiser? Jack Daniels? Sure! A Fender American Strat or Gibson Les Paul? Excellent!

Being creative and having fun IS mandatory but sticking with the theme is NOT mandatory but encouraged. Feel free to post any SOTD photo or just tell us about your shave.

Have some fun this week!

1679940763688.gif

1679940797551.gif

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
DSC_1048.png

Monday 03.27.23
RAZOR: REX Ambassador Adjustable @3
BLADE: Wizamet Super Iridium
BRUSH: Vtg. Rubberset w/new 22mm Synthetic
LATHER: Taylor‌ ‌of‌ ‌Old‌ ‌Bond‌ ‌Street‌ ‌Sandalwood‌ ‌Shaving‌ Soap

20221113_090216.jpg

Razor: Ever-Ready Streamline Deluxe Set
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Jayaruh #429 White Rook in two-band badger

Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Seaforth! Sea Spiced Lime
Aftershave: Shannon's 25th Street Lime splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented

Then there's me!

RazorBladeBrush
Timeless
Ti95SCL
(USA)
Gillette 365 (6)
Omega Proraso
Pre-shaveSoap & BowlPost-shave
Cold splashMike’s Barbershop
Proraso Green
Cold splash

Efficiency (scoring details here)Quality
8/10 (~20 minutes)9/10 (One weeper)
EffectivenessComfort
8/10 (BBS-)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes to today’s shave:

Nice shave!

Today’s shave notes can be found here.

Enjoy your shave.

SOTD-NEW-FB-GT-K_2023-03-27.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac "Kleiner Bayer" 14/42 Silvertip D01 2-Band
Soap: Clubman 🇺🇸
Razor: Gillette NEW Flat Bottom GT [GT handle, from Horsetown 🇺🇸]
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Black (14)
ASL: Clubman Classic Vanilla 🇺🇸

Another fine shave. :biggrin:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

1880D92F-44C1-4116-8886-61C890F392CA.jpeg

7F87ECEC-E705-4886-975F-945823758E50.jpeg

Razor: T.R. Cadman & Sons Bengall
Razor: Gem Push Button
Blade: Personna Gem PTFE

Soap: Hendrix Classics & Company "Yet to be named but oh so nice!" Pai Mei
Brush: AKA Brushworx Winter Shine
Bowl: Fine Accoutrements Fine Lather Bowl

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum No-Slip Grip System w/ Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Company Mountain Man w/ Menthol

This was a fun one. Today I was testing a yet-to-be-released new soap from HC&C but that's name has just been revealed to be Pai Mei. Yes, this soap is named after the iconic Bak Mei Kung-Fu master. If you're not familiar with Pai Mei and his wisecracks or his Five-Point-Palm-Exploding-Heart Technique you're really missing out on some great cinema and some fantastic lore.

The notes on this one are hard for me to specifically identify but I can tell you that it's a very clean, fresh, outdoorsy, masculine scent that's absolutely perfect for Spring and Summer.

Today I also went single-edge. Which is something I haven't done in a while. This was a welcomed experience because I touched up the edge of this Bengall yesterday by stropping on some diamond-pasted balsa.

I did a few passes with the Bengall then switched over to the Gem Push Button for some smooth and easy cleanup. The HC&C soap did a great job at providing the slickness needed for these razors to do their job but not flay my face in the process.

Once done shaving and a bbs shave was had, I splashed on some mentholated Mountain Man aftershave. I felt this was a fairly good match for my soap of the day.

Alright my friends, that's it for today but be on the lookout for this awesome new soap from HC&C. It's a good one for sure!

Long live Pai Mei.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
GEMonday, March 27th 2023

Razor : Gem Junior bar, Mfg 1907-11, mild to tame mid range, well made to last a few more generations with a little care, made from brass sheet stamped and pressed very accurately to form a beautiful looking and functional razor even to accurate standards of today IMO.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (2) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
Soap : Razorock American Barber, sharp linear unique scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Red Zebra" 26mm snow leopard synthetic knot, excellent lather generator, heavenly luxury soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock American barber with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2) template 9.5.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=
[IMG]
excellent shave with my Gem Jr bar with a coated Gem SS blade.
SOTD March 27 2023 .jpg

Have some great shaves!

Tue 28 USA SOTD
Soap & Aftershave Stirling Executive Man
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Mink
Razor J. R. Torrey 5/8
Ever reliable soap for the nice scent with the matching splash and the rich creamy and slick lather.
Another wonderful shave with this small razor after stroping on the roo leather. 3 buttery smooth and efficient passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230328_101652.jpg

Razor: Souplex

Blade: Polsilver (4)
Preshave: Razor Emporium PreShave (🇺🇸USA)
Soap: Areffa, The Unforgiven
Aftershave: King R Emporium After Shave (🇺🇸USA)
PAA King R Star Jelly Aftersave (🇺🇸USA): On neck area (neck is more prone to irritation) and 10 minutes after using splash on face

I wish I saw this before then I would have gone All American 🇺🇸!

20230327_201347.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
D47F0347-9272-44FD-82CA-A533C367F912.jpeg

Monday 27th March 2023.

1) Italy: Brush Omega 10777.
2) Italy: Shaving Soap Proraso White Tub.
3) Germany: Razor Merkur 34C.
4) Japan: Razor Blade Feather.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Nautica Classic Cologne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom