What's new

💎 💎 💎 SOTD - “Unknown Gems" Theme Week - December 5th, 2022 to December 11th, 2022 💎 💎 💎

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, B&Bers!

This week’s SOTD Theme is “Unknown Gems”.

We want to see your unknown or little known shaving gear that you think should receive more attention. Show us and tell us all about what you use and like that should be better known on B&B. Soaps, aftershaves, razors, blades, brushes and any other wetshaving accessories. Regional items that aren’t widely available are also encouraged!

We want to see pics that include your more obscure shaving items!

Nothing SE themed? Please still post a pic of your usual shaving setups. Or post pics of your usual SOTD or just tell us all about it. Let’s see lots of themed posts this week!

As always, the weekly themes are just a suggestion, but being creative and having fun IS mandatory. We encourage you to post or shoot photos of your Shave Gear of the Day regardless of the theme as sticking with the theme is NOT mandatory but encouraged.

Let’s see your Unknown Gems!

12/04/22 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Tribute Argan Oil Body Soap
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Tribute Conditioning Shampoo Puck
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Holly-Day CUBE 2.0 Seasonal Preshave Soap
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements CANE! North Pole Barbershop Seasonal Shaving Soap CK-6 Formula
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Atomic Rocket 26mm Synthetic Suave Knot Shaving Brush
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Official 30oz Phoenix Shaving Stainless Steel Enamel Coated Lather Shave Bowl V2 with Silicone Lather Disc
Phoenix Shaving Ceramic Moonscape Brush Scuttle
Schick New and Improved 1940-1941 Type F Injector Razor
Schick Injector Blade - 1st Shave
The Razor Company Beige and Black Luxury Shaving Towel
Phoenix Shaving No Slip Grip Alum Block with Rubber Grip Band
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Alum Block Dry Dock System
Thayers Alcohol Free Cucumber Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements CANE! North Pole Barbershop Seasonal Aftershave Cologne Aged 1 Year
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Mentholated Mysterium Serum Advanced Fragrance & Alcohol Free Aftershave Balm
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Shaving "Ray Rum" Natural Deodorant - Sport Strength - A Cyber Monday Limited Edition!
The Holy Black Seven Deadly Sins Gluttony Pomade​

B IMG_2290.jpeg

Menthol Monday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Razor Emporium Rex Ambassador
Blade: Tomac Super Stainless Steel (D1)
Brush: Truefitt & Hill Emperor 3 Silvertip
Scuttle: Georgetown G12
Pre-Shave Scrub: SheaMoisture African Black Soap
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Eucalyptus & Spearmint
Shave Soap: Grooming Dept Custom Frosted Woodland
Butter: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Alt-Innsbruck

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
B4CAB1FA-D2CD-4D1C-972E-80C83E5CEE32.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Badger and Blade Essential Boar.
2) Italy: Shaving Soap Proraso White Tub.
3) England: Razor Gillette Flat Bottom Tech.
4) Germany: Razor Blade Timor.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Australia: Aftershave Balm Natio For Men Calming Aftershave Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Nautica Classic Cologne.

Mon 5
Soap & Aftershave Barrister & Mann The Full Measure of Man
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express 2 Band Badger
Razor Wade & Butcher 13/16 Wedge
This soap scent is really strong...together with the matching balm...wow! The lather was acceptable...
This razor was refreshed on the La Lune with water & oil and yeah, can feel some improvement...smooth & comfortable enough but need to be keener. Will try again. As it is, the shave was enjoyable in 3passes for a dfs-ccs-sas finish.
20221205_105240.jpg

after keeping it out for the past 2.5 years, I eventually had a positive covid-19 test yesterday. All in all quite ok, like a heavy flu, but I can’t smell anything anymore and have very little taste since this morning. So a big part of the pleasure of shaving is gone I must admit. So the endresult is….. no idea, except I have a smooth face again.

16FEC516-2E6B-45A8-97D3-9EF92D687BF4.jpeg

Monday
Pre-shave: Jack Black Pure Clean Daily Facial Cleanser /King C Gillette Transparent Shave Gel
Razor: ATT SE1 Windsor
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink
Brush: Vulfix Boar/Badger Grosvenor
Soap: TOBS Lavender
Aftershave: Alum/Thayer’s Lemon Witch Hazel/Pinaud Clubman
Balm: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Moisturizer

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Barrister & Mann Leviathan
Brush
B&B Essential Boar
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
RR Stealth Slant
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & PAA Mysterium Serum
Fragrance
Versace, The Dreamer
Rating
8.5/10
Comments
Today I used my RR Stealth Slant. This razor had a limited run and is no longer available. In the past, I have gotten nice shaves with this razor. However, I have used GSB, Personna Lab, or Med Prep blades. Today I tried a Wizamet. That was a big mistake. The shave was close and BBS. However, I could feel some irritation on my neck. I will give the combo another try on Tuesday. The B&M soap with the B&B Essential made for a very slick, rich lather.

after keeping it out for the past 2.5 years, I eventually had a positive covid-19 test yesterday. All in all quite ok, like a heavy flu, but I can’t smell anything anymore and have very little taste since this morning. So a big part of the pleasure of shaving is gone I must admit. So the endresult is….. no idea, except I have a smooth face again.

View attachment 1567297

Good health to you, Sir!

I just recovered (kind of) after one week of fighting the COVID. No real pleasure in shaving, indeed, when the soap or the aftershave has the same scent as the... water.

20221204_090650.jpg

Razor: Gem Junior The Parade Baton Handle
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Sun Soaps Walnut/Maple w/Yaqi Two-band badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso Green
Lather: Seaforth! Sea Spiced Lime
Aftershave: Shannon's 25th Street Lime splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom