What's new

๐Ÿ๏ธ ๐ŸŽฃ ๐ŸŽฟ โ›ณ๏ธ๐Ÿ’‚โ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ„๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿšข๐Ÿ•๏ธ SOTD - โ€œTravel Theme Weekโ€ - February 6th, 2023 to February 12th, 2023 ๐Ÿ๏ธ ๐ŸŽฃ ๐ŸŽฟ โ›ณ๏ธ๐Ÿ’‚โ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ„๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿšข๐Ÿ•๏ธ

Status
Not open for further replies.
sotd11.02.23.jpeg
ย 

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Saturday, February 11th 2023

Razor : Gem 1912(1921 model) :001_wub:- Mfg 1912-40"s?, excellent mid range with a new blade, Gem sold millions of 1912 concept models over the decades because they where just perfect to some folks. Very enjoyable shave this morning, had to use a Rigs shim because of the spring tension indicator was showing it was designed for the older thicker splines of its time (1921).
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (3) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable & safest blade to handle.
Soap : Razorock Don Marco, nice citrus scent with excellent lather qualities, nice change up in winter months.
Brush : Yaqi "Goblin" 24mm synthetic, Excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. Nice handle to grip + how they Yaqi can make handle so interesting at times must of caught my eyes.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Italian barber (Razorock) Amici with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + 1 old blemish weeper=:a17: Excellent shave my 1912 model closed comb with a coated Gem blade.
SOTD Feburary 11 2023 .jpg

Have some great shaves!
ย 
Last edited:

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Iโ€™m home from my travels for one dayโ€ฆ today. So I figured Iโ€™d hit up some more luxurious shave kit while I was here.

Rudy Vey 2022 Contributorโ€™s STF
The Holy Black Ramos Gin Fizz soap
Wolfman WR2 1.15
Platinum light blue box
The Holy Black Ramos Gin Fizz aftershave tonic
ย 

Attachments

• AFFE8077-9805-4AEE-85EA-7DB272B3A2E7.jpeg
    AFFE8077-9805-4AEE-85EA-7DB272B3A2E7.jpeg
    1.8 MB ยท Views: 6
Pre-shave: Saponificio Varesino "Burro di Karitรฉ"
Brush: Rubberset 200-4
Lather: The Obsessive Soap Perfectionist "Sandalwood"
Razor: 1930s Gillette #88 / #77 (made for French market)
Blade: Personna "Super"
Witch hazel: Thayers "Coconut Water"
Alum block: Osma
After shave: MeiรŸner Tremonia "Strong'n Scottish"
Face cream: Neutrogena "Hydro Boost"

2023-02-11.jpg
ย 
11 February, 2023

Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Polsilver S.I
Brush: New Forest Tubby 1 Finest
Soap: Los Jabones de Joserra: Charmer
Fragrance: Baccarat Rouge 540 Extrait by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Los Jabones de Joserra/ Merkur 34C HD/ Polsilver S.I/ Baccarat Rouge 540 Extrait .. I think I've said enough. ;)
ย 
20230210_085917.jpg

Razor: Gillette 1937 Sheraton
Blade: Gillette King C. Gillette Platinum
Brush: Rudy Vey 2020 B & B Group Buy
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Noble Otter Lone Star
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
1935-4-20-Pan-Am-Clipper-1024x816.jpg
ย 
SOTD

Rockwell T2 stainless
Polsilver super iridium blade
Grooming dept pre shave
Grooming dept vertu soap
Ds cosmetic synthetic brush
Captains choice obsidian copper shaving bowl

Been itching to try out the T2 since it arrived.

I know some people had had poor build quality issues with Rockwell. Iooking at the T2 stainless. Its built superbly. Its solid. Nice weight. Very similar to the T1. Nice balance. Slightly longer handle. Adjustment dial turns smoothly but no chance of changing settings during the shave. Butterfly doors open precisely as you twist the bottom dial. Blade alignment is spot on. Its locked in place by the extra turn of the bottom dial.

The shave was lovely. The razor felt smooth in use. Maybe slightly more strokes required to obtain the resulting stubble reduction I wanted but it didn't matter. I was enjoying myself. 1st pass done WTG went onto ATG. Setting 2 then 3. What this razor was able to do with excellence is get my trouble areas down enough for me to increase the setting and not get any irritation.

This is an adjustable I could use after a previously bad shave that irritated me. It's really easy to use. I think my improved technique also helped but I'm very very pleased with it. No blade chatter which I was expecting being a TTO razor. Great to hold. Very maneuverable. Not too heavy.

It's a keeper and worth the cost for me.

20230211_233249.jpg
ย 

Sunday SOTD
[IMG]

Blade: Schick Proline (D7)
Brush: Turtleship Shave Machine 073 24mm synthetic
Bowl: HoneycombCopper 4 ยฝโ€
Pre-Shave Scrub: SheaMoisture African Black Soap
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Mojito
Shave Soap: Stirling's Bay Rum
Balm: Viking Soaps Bay Rum
Aftershave: Stirling's Bay Rum