What's new

🏝️ 🎣 🎿 ⛳️💂‍♀️🏄🏻‍♂️🚢🏕️ SOTD - “Travel Theme Week” - February 6th, 2023 to February 12th, 2023 🏝️ 🎣 🎿 ⛳️💂‍♀️🏄🏻‍♂️🚢🏕️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello B&Bers!

This week’s SOTD Theme is “Travel”.

It is cold in Canada and I am sick of winter, snow and the February blahs. I need a vacation! So for this week, let’s revisit vacation or travel with our SOTD images.

Are you currently in Mexico with your travel shaving setup? Did you buy a fancy shaving soap in London, England or a snazzy fragrance in Paris? Anyone out there actually buy blades in Israel, Egypt or India? Show us!

We want to see your travel soaps, razors, aftershaves, fragrances and any other shaving accessories that you take on business travel or vacation. Also anything shaving related (or not) that you bought while travelling. Show us and/or tell us all about what you use or have bought while away.

No travel related shaving items? How about a pic of your daily shave with a carved coconut you bought in the Dominican or a Mexican sombrero? The obscure bottle of tequila you bought in Playa del Carmen works too. Or just post pics of your usual SOTD or just tell us all about it. Let’s see lots of Travel themed posts this week!

As always, the weekly themes are just a suggestion, but being creative and having fun IS mandatory. We encourage you to post or shoot photos of your Shave Gear of the Day regardless of the theme as sticking with the theme is NOT mandatory but encouraged.

Let’s see your travel SOTD!

Menthol Monday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: King Cobra
Blade: Schick Proline (D1)
Brush: DaVinci UOMO 293
Bowl: TW 3D Printed
Pre-Shave Scrub: SheaMoisture African Black Soap
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Eucalyptus & Spearmint
Shave Soap: Grooming Dept Custom Frosted Woodland
Balm: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Krampert’s Frostbite

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
36D6E8F3-203A-4FD7-B368-8CCC97F4370B.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Omega 10777.
2) Italy: Shaving Soap Proraso White Tub.
3) Germany: Razor Merkur 34C.
4) Japan: Razor Blade Feather.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Nautica Classic Cologne.

Monday, Febraury 6, 2023.

Floïd pre shave oil. Le père Lucien: Santal - oud, shaving soap. Shavemac Series 167 D01, two bampnds Silvertip bulb badger 25 mm., shaving Brush. Jose Monserrat Pou: Filarmónica 14, Sub cero. Truefitt & Hill, balm aftershave. Swiss Arabian, Oud aswad, EdT.
CC41011F-899E-4DC2-9DDA-2F160604FCA6.jpeg

6 February, 2023

Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Rockwell 6S – #2
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: Brad Sears Archduke 26/50 2-Band Manchurian
Soap: Wholly Kaw: Vor V (Siero)

not a very inspiring shave, for some reason.. it did the job, don't get me wrong, but just felt very..... ordinary. One of those days, I suppose.

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
Rudy Vey with Shavemac Silvertip Knot
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Karve
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & PAA Mysterium Serum
Fragrance
Yves Saint Laurent
Rating
10/10
Comments
I am continuing my journey using MdC. Today is the 16th day in a row and I have not made a dent in the soap. The lather of this soap continues to please me, It is so rich and slick. The Karve razor continues to do a good job. At one time I had this razor on the BST but it didn’t have any takers. I am glad it didn’t sell since it is doing a superior job for me. The Karve – Wizament combo worked flawlessly. This is the third day for the razor/blade combo. A great shave. Have a wonderful day and week, BandBers.

Monday
Pre-shave: Jack Black Pure Clean Daily Facial Cleanser /King C Gillette Transparent Shave Gel
Razor: Schick Krona
Blade: Asco Platinum
Brush: EverReady 150 Restore w/TGN 2-band
Soap: TOBS Lavender
Aftershave: Alum/Humphrey’s Lilac Witch Hazel/Pinaud Clubman
Balm: Anthony All Purpose Facial Moisturizer

Mon 6th - 3rd Day of Travel SOTD with pictures of shave gears and location below...daily temps 22-35C
Soap Signature Soaps Capra Derventio
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake
Razor Joseph Elliott 13/16
Aftershave Stirling Sharp Dressed Man
This soap is just awesome. Lightly scented with a good quality lather...whip up easily by the excellent brush, perfect for an SR shave! This razor's edge feels buttery smooth and crisp after some laps on the travel 0.1um balsa followed by the Kanayama.
3 passes for the bbs-ccs finish...
20230206_132322.jpg

20230206_214532.jpg
20230129_201358.jpg

Monday February 6, 2023
Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Lather: Canada Shaving Soap
Razor: Henson Ti22 V2 +
Blade: Gillette Platinum (1)
IMG-0552.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2336.jpg
    IMG_2336.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
SOTD February 6th
GRUME February 2023
Fruity February
Mühle Mondays

Hello friends!

Last night I watched the 4th episode of The Last of Us. Thankfully, the world hasn't ended yet and I was able to get a wonderful shave this morning.

This was my first time with the RR Don Marco which has a light citrus scent and protection. Wisely, I used White Proraso Pre Shave Cream to face (no pun intended) R41 and Feather. The Jade is getting softer and completely got rid of the unpleasant smell.

Good week and great shaves!
❤️ 🪒

E848381C-8A57-4E20-8396-712EB7B2351E.jpeg
61C8660E-69A7-4CCB-AE20-9B9CFFDDC56B.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday, February 6th 2023

Razor : Micromatic flying wing(AKA= MMBT, MMFW, Guiding eye...)- Manufactured 1947-50, nice tame mid range, well built to last many generations with a little care. Excellent shave this morning.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(2) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
Soap : Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore, very nice scent of Vanilla and light tobacco with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi " Moka Express" 24mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my MMBT with a coated Gem blade.
SOTD Feburary 6 2023 .jpg

Have some great shaves!

If my traveling was mostly staying in one place I might take this brush. Makes a good lather and it’s small. But since it’s boar it takes a while to dry. I wouldn’t want to shave and then have to pack it away every day.

Razor: Gem Micromatic Open Comb
Blade: Gem SS PTFE (20)
Brush: Ever Ready 100
Pre-shave: Pacific Caffeinated
Soap: Stirling Baker Street
Aftershave: Witch Hazel - Brut

1C50BC5B-882D-44F8-8BD5-2700B5A2EA4F.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom