What's new

Shaving and Tobacco scents

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
If you want an aromatic pipe tobacco scent try Uncle Jon’s Pipe Smoke. It is without a doubt the best cherry/vanilla aromatic scent I have found. He’s a small shop but I think WCS has picked up some of his products.

TFS Rasozero barbacco -- 100% tobacco -- the most pure tobacco scent I know.

040620211310.jpg

Tue 8 SOTD
Soap Stirling Haverford
Brush BOTI 26mm Silvertip
Razor Yaqi AC Brass
Blade Feather ProGuard 19th Use.
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + Stirling Haverford Balm
Stirling soaps are truly awesome and this is no exception. Love the aromatic scent and enjoyed the gorgeous creamy slick lather...
Shave with razor paired with the well-used blade was still good, still smooth, comfortable & efficient enough but just not as silky when new. Managed 3passes for a mostly bbs finish but suffered 1 unexpected weeper. Aftershaves were excellent with the balm prolonging the lovely aroma.
20210608_092405.jpg

If you want an aromatic pipe tobacco scent try Uncle Jon’s Pipe Smoke. It is without a doubt the best cherry/vanilla aromatic scent I have found. He’s a small shop but I think WCS has picked up some of his products.
Thanks for sharing...I love your description of the scent. I will keep that next in my target list...hope Maggard can stock some...

Amazing how YMMV can work for a different person. I have that too and I can barely smell anything...perhaps just a hint of tobacco but very very mild...almost nil. Lather performance is good though.

Well, scent strength might differ between batches. But ideed, I find it quite strongly scented for an Italien soap (the Agrumella is also quite strong, much stronger than the old soaps - just today I used the sandalwood soap (blue container) which is borderline to unscented).

CTS Tobacco & Amber
Semogue 820
Muhle R41
Derby Extra

All around great shave today. The Muhle R41 is just fantastic with every blade I’ve tried so far. I get nice comfy lathers with the Tobacco & Amber. I love using this soap. The 820 is very soft after so much use and is a great painter. Followed it up with some Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum. Very pleasant. Happy almost-Friday folks!

1E32389C-C3A2-4F3E-9A11-8B3DF1C0A3CA.jpeg
2F5A84E2-2EF5-4DF7-B368-EB59759C60D1.jpeg
82FE5094-9425-41A3-B4D2-8BCC0BFA5C6E.jpeg
86B088CD-3390-4DCE-BED0-C18C5137E9C2.jpeg

Tue 15 Tobacco Scent SOTD
Soap RazoRock Puros
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express
Razor Gillette New LC
Blade Gillette London Bridge 4th
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Hyaluronic + RazoRock Puros
Nice lather from the soap...aromatic cigarish tobacco scent with good slickness too. Overdone it abit...hahaha
Shave with razor paired with this blade was an enjoyable, smooth and comfortable session. 3passes without any issues for a mostly bbs finish. Matching aftershave is good but abit mild...hmmm...
20210615_122027.jpg

Fri 18 SOTD
Soap Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars
Brush Yaqi 24mm Atlantis
Razor RazoRock SLOC
Blade Wetell Super Stainless 4th Use
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + HeV CCC Balm
Awesomely aromatic cigarish/cognac scent from this soap! Today's lather was great...creamy and very slick...
Shave with the razor paired with the blade was nice, smooth and comfortable in 3passes for a bbs/dfs result without any issues. Aftershaves were fantastic especially the matching balm!!
20210618_093257.jpg

Last edited:
Sat 26 SOTD
Soap Van Yulay Puros La Habana
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express
Razor Gillette Fatboy F4 @Set-9
Blade Treet Platinum 2nd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Hyaluronic + RR Puros
Very aromatic direct cigarish scent from the soap! No sweetness at all... lather performance acceptable...
Shave with this excellent adjustable vintage razor @set 9 paired with this blade which I thought not so good turns out to be enjoyable, smooth, and comfortable in 3passes for a mostly bbs finish but with a micro weeper. It's always interesting how blades behave in different razors or conditions. Aftershaves were very nice.
20210626_075738.jpg

Thu 1st SR SOTD
Soap PAA Cavendish - Truly Awesome when matched with the AS!
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor Friedr. Herder Abr. Sohn 77
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + PAA Cavendish
Super nice aromatic scent from this soap! The lather was creamy and slick too...
Shave with this full hollow razor (used to be very skippy & tuggy)...how can I describe it...? I can feel the edge but it was not bitey, just smooth...& comfortable. Was this the buttery smoothness edge I have been wanting to experience? What an enjoyable session...best test is always the atg pass and it was really smooth even for the upper lips except under my left jawline, a bit skippy there. 3passes for between ccs & sas. Aftershaves were awesome!
20210701_113149.jpg

Amazing how YMMV can work for a different person. I have that too and I can barely smell anything...perhaps just a hint of tobacco but very very mild...almost nil. Lather performance is good though.
I agree that the scent is fairly mild. When it comes to tobacco scented soaps I prefer the intensity and spiciness of Stirling Haverford but sometimes it’s nice to have a change of pace

Sun 4th Tobacco SOTD
Soap B&M Full Measure of Man
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor ZY430 1st Use after Jnat honed
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Hyaluronic + B&M TFMOM Balm
The soap scent is...stout and aromatic! Lather quality is very good...rich, creamy, and slick!
This is the 1st SR that I bought but never shave-ready with my poor skills. This time, however...WOW! To feel hear & feel again, that soft whispering buttery smoothness on the edge...felt sharp but not bitey...incredible feeling!! I am still hesitant with too short a stroke, especially the atg stroke...
Sometimes if I let it flow and stroke longer...can feel the edge cuts smoother and better. Still learning and improving with each SR shave...truly enjoying the journey now...! No nicks, no weepers nor irritation for a dfs to ccs finish! Aftershaves were awesome!
20210703_191139.jpg

20210704_111330.jpg

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
55FE6776-B325-4278-94DD-CC12105439ED.jpeg

PrePAA Cube 2.0 USA 🇺🇸
SoapPAA Cavendish, USA 🇺🇸
BrushBilly Goat Brushworks G6 Badger ’Fallen’ Australia 🇦🇺
RazorYaqi Mellon, China 🇨🇳
BladeAstra SP, Russia 🇷🇺
AftershaveProraso Alum, Italy 🇮🇹, Proraso Balm, Italy 🇮🇹
FragrancePAA Cavendish edp, USA 🇺🇸
Rating10/10

Fri 9 Tobacco SOTD
Soap Phoenix & Beau Spitfire
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Badger
Razor RazoRock G37 Slant
Blade Polsilver Super Iridium 2nd (good enough after-all)
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Wonderful aroma upon opening this soap tub...been a while since using it. Really like the leathery tobacconist scent plus it was slick enough.
The shave with this favorite razor paired with the blade was good as always and no issues in 3passes for a bbs to dfs result. It was quite smooth and comfortable especially during the atg pass on the chin and lips area...so unlike the blade's initial use. Enjoyable session.
20210709_093603.jpg

Top Bottom