What's new

Shaving and Tobacco scents

Soap & Aftershave Barrister & Mann The Full Measure of Man
Superb lather qualities with a strong lasting scent...
20230802_065453.jpg

I'm a big fan of PAA Cavendish. Pair it with the matching aftershave and you get that yummy tobacco smell all day.
I have a few PAA soaps and they are nice performing soaps, I need to get the new base, but I find Cavendish way too sweet, and don't let me forget, Dapper Doc, nice scent, just too sweet for my nose

I can help share my impressions on the scent of the tobacco soaps I have in my collection.. I will rank them in terms of scent.

PXL_20240202_073455883~3.jpg

1. Razorock Santa Maria Del Fiore
2. Stirling Gentleman
3. Stirling Haverford
4. Tobs Tobacco Leaf
5. BM Full measure of man
6. Tabac
7. Zingari Rambler

Razorock, to me, has an addictive scent. First I picked Eucalyptus, followed by good Tobacco and then by Vanilla. Plus a touch of mint... Very nicely balanced. Tend to leave it open and sniff it from time to time :)

It's like a gentleman who just finished smoking a premium cigar would walk in a sauna with Eucalyptus oil in the air... Very nice mix.

Have the aftershave as well. That one is a bit drier, no Eucalyptus, no mint. More bitter tobacco and a hint of vanilla. Pairs well

Stirling Gentleman
Again, a very nice tobacco scent mixed with a good quality perfume. This time, like a gentleman who just finished a quality cigar walks in and also wears a nice cologne. If you keep the leather warm in a scuttle, the tobacco scent is more prominent.

Stirling Haverford.
Darker scent, lots of vanilla, molasses and tobacco. Also some hints of spices show up. If you like a dark, sweet tobacco then this is for you. Not sweet, cherry ladies cigarettes scent like..

Tobs Tobacco Leaf
To my nose it has very little tobacco scent. It's a very pleasant scent, but quite floral and a bit sweet as well. I like sniffing quite a bit, but if you are looking for a dry tobacco scent, then this is NOT it.

BM Full Measure of Man
To my nose this is a very dry, strong tobacco scent. Smells quite bitter, as if someone took an ashtray and mixed it in the soap. Wish it wasn't as bitter, burned cigar smoke like. Has very little sweetness to it, probably earlier formulations were different. If you like a very bitter, plain tobacco smoke scent then you will like this one.

Tabac.
Mix of floral, tobacco, a hint of spice.. You either love it or hate it.. Like paying a visit to your distant grandfather from Germany..

Zingari The Rambler.
To me it is a strong, cherry type cigarettes that I don't particularly like. Smells like a cheap cigarette drizzled with cheap, synthetic cherry aroma to cover up the inferior tobacco.

These are again, my impressions, but perhaps it will be useful for some of you when contemplating buying a new soap.

Performance wise they are all very good. I believe Stirling has an edge against the other. But all of them I use regularly and enjoy!

And thanks to the others who contributed to this thread. Enabled me to purchase some nice new soaps which I wasn't aware of.

Cheers!

Top Bottom