What's new

SOTD "'TIS THE WEEK BEFORE CHRISTMAS" December 18th - December 24th, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
12/19/17 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with The Sudsy Soapery Lavender & Peppermint Soap with Soothing Oatmeal
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Sandalwood Shampoo/Conditioning Puck
Shave Secret Pre-Shave Oil
L&L Grooming Blackberry Blossom Bay Soap
Wolf Whiskers Blue Train Custom 24mm Silvertip Badger Brush
Creative Flame Pottery Stoneware Shaving Scuttle
Wolfman WR1-DC .61mm Gap Light Blue Anodized Ti Razor with WRH7 Ti Handle
Bolzano Superinox Blade - 5th Shave
RazoRock Alum Block
Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel Toner
Chatillon Lux Blackberry Blossom Bay Aftershave
NIVEA Men Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Sandalwood Natural Deodorant

B IMG_8064.jpg

MONDAY SOTD ::::: December 18, 2017

Prep: Hot shower with Nivea Men Original Moisturizing Face Wash
Pre-shave Oil: Maggard Razors Grapefruit
Soap: Grooming Dept. Conca d’Oro
Brush: Wolf Whiskers Coffee & Cream Becky Shave Revolution Manchurian 24mm
Razor: Merkur 1904 Classic OC
Blade: Shark Super Chrome (2)
Post Splash: Humphreys Citrus Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Reserve Spice
Aftershave Balm: La Toja Classic

PhotoMania_1513653599692.jpg

proxy.php

• Mühle Kosmo Silvertip Fibre 21mm
  • Mühle Sea Buckthorn Shaving Soap
  • Mühle R106 (R89 with black handle)
  • Rapira Super Stainless
  • De Vergulde Hand After Shave Balm

Excellent photos, descriptive posts and comments, gentlemen. I had planned on observations this evening but I'm not quite up to it. I'm not too sure the flu shot I took is going to be all that effective this year. Every couple of weeks or so I seem to be coming down with something, though, at least it doesn't seem to last more than a couple of days. But it does put me out of sorts. Could be just old age! Maybe I'll be able to do more tomorrow. Until then, be seeing you.

Excellent photos, descriptive posts and comments, gentlemen. I had planned on observations this evening but I'm not quite up to it. I'm not too sure the flu shot I took is going to be all that effective this year. Every couple of weeks or so I seem to be coming down with something, though, at least it doesn't seem to last more than a couple of days. But it does put me out of sorts. Could be just old age! Maybe I'll be able to do more tomorrow. Until then, be seeing you.
Hope you feel better Ron and they indicated that the Flu shot this year was only about 10% effective. Be well soon!

Tuesday's Shave

North pre-shave lather / hot towel & rinse

Koraat Ice Dragon 6/8 Damascus
Koraat Ice Dragon Brush / HMMW
Captain's Choice North Shave Soap
Lucky Tiger Post-Shave Salve
Captain's Choice North Aftershave Splash
Penhaligon's Juniper Sling EdT

12.19.2017.xmas.gif

Have a Great Tuesday Gents

SOTD: 19th December 2017.
+3tues(19th dec).JPG
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ Yardley of London ~ English Lavender Soap Body Wash & Vosene Shampoo .

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Omega S 10065 .

Bowl Lather.

Cream: Dove Men + Care Hydrate.

Blade: Derby Extra. (1)

Razor: Muhle 34C HD.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Bulldog ~ A/S Balm.

4711 ~ Cologne A/S .

Greetings,

Today with somewhat trepidation was the return of the Derby extra blade to my de blade rotation, after reading a good report on this love/hate blade, i pushed the boat out and gave it another chance..The verdict?

Maybe i over-reacted on discarding the blades after i recieved a very nasty nick early this year however, looking back now, i think it was a combination of operator technique-error & a dodgy intermittent blade, of which could possibly have been a one off, as previous to 'the nasty nick incident', i had no problems with the marmite de blade of the wet shaving community.

Today my shave was a comfortable one with no blood drama..I still can't see myself ordering another batch once i've used the other 4 remaining blades in the tuck,besides that, i have a boat load of Russian blades to contend with, which will last me for years.

A suprisingly enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups no-irritation silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of 4711~Cologne A/S.

My face is feeling very smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your day,ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
SOTD 19DEC17.JPG

#SOTD 19DEC17
Razor: Tatara Masamune OC #17
Blade: GSB (1)
Brush: Carnavis & Richardson / Declaration Grooming
Soap & Splash: Tabac Original
First use of the Tatara Masamune razor; I went with the open comb version because I felt that the solid bar would be too mild. The razor is very efficient and has a mid-aggressive feeling to it. The cutting angle is intuitive and very easy to find. The razor is a bit light for me but it's extremely nimble and easy to navigate the difficult areas, i.e., upper and lower lip. I need more time with it for a more proper evaluation but I did enjoy this morning's shave.

Admin: Apologies it is a bit late (should have ben in last weeks...) as I was travelling.

The Comeback Shave - after cutting myself with my shavette about 6 days ago I have healed and it it time to break out the big guns to get rid of the face fuzz.

Rigarazor 17/16"
Nuavia Verde Croap
TSC Silver Tip Brush
Suribachi lather Bowl

NO AS or EDC or Balm this time - I want to preserve the smell of that Nuavia!!

I do hope you feel better ronweston.

2017-12-19

Ikea bowl ¤ Restored Rubberset 2-band ¤ Modified Gold Dollar 66
SFS Classic Soap ¤ Floïd Black ¤ SFS Classic EDT

proxy.php

today,
- RazoRock - Mudder Focker
- Morris & Forndran 2XL Finest Badger
- Gillette Super Speed
- Gillette Bleue Extra
- RazoRock - Mudder Focker Aftershave
-
proxy.php

proxy.php

Many thanks for your lovely pictures gentlemen and your kind words Ron - hope you will be feeling better soon and wishing you all a terrific Tuesday :thumbup:

Feel better soon Ron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom