Rockwell 6C plate 6 (head)
Astra Superior Platinum
Maggard 3VA (face)
Polviler Super Iridium
Razorock Plissoft
Hawkins & Brimble
Hema Shea Butter ASB (head)
Axe Africa (face)

A fresh Polsilver does a nice job in the Maggard, yet won't do more then 2 passes with this razor.

IMG_20171121_193025.jpg

2017-11-22

Ikea bowl ¤ Barbear Clássico 2017 LE by Semogue ¤ 5/8" Москва
TOBS The St. James Collection Cream, Aftershave & Cologne

proxy.php

Thanks for the description. I have used several of the Gem/SE varieties and like them, but wasn' familiar with the Radio.
I'd only recently heard of the razor, so I set out to get one---just for the uniqueness. However, the shave was so impressive, I anticipate I'll be using the Radio quite a bit. As I had stated, the blade sitting back the way it does yielded a very smooth shave. In fact, I had to stop after a couple strokes to make sure the blade was seated correctly. Then I realized how those strokes had obliterated 48 hr stubble. It was really deceptive, but in a very good way. It's still quite audible like other 1912s (British or USA). It's a shame these are rare. I'd like to see more people have the opportunity to use them.

Prep - Hot towel
Pre shave - Prep
Razor – Sensor
Blade – N/A
Brush - Rough,No Name Boar
Soap – Storybook Soapworks: Coffee Spoons
Post - Cold water rinse / Witch Hazel / Tallow + Steel: Dark Aftershave

a really enjoyable shave today, with Storybook Soapworks: Coffee Spoons laying it down.. yeah, that was fun.

proxy.php

Pre-Shave: SebaMed, cold water
Razor: Guerrilla
Blade: Ladas (1)
Brush: Doug Korn D7V
Lather: Mike's Lime
Post-Shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil

I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday :thumbup:

Thanks. Today's shave a little rough. This blade little difficult to hone as I could not remove the wedge so had to work around that. Took five passes in total. Marked the blade and will put aside Yesterday blade nice and sharp, hopefully the other five are just as sharp as yesterday blade. Do you hone your own blades?
I wasn' sure what you meant about not being able to remove the wedge, BTW. If you show a pic, on this or a different thread, I'm sure someone would have ideas to assist.

Wednesday

Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Best
Cream: Taylor - Sandalwood
Razor: Merkur HD
Blade: Super-Max Platinum
A/S: Dollar Store Splash - Green / "Original"
Cologne / Fragrance: Old Spice Original A/S

Mike

Wednesday
Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Bath Soap-Arkadia
Soap: Proraso White Tub
Razor: Gillette Red Tip Super Speed
Blade: Vintage 70’s Wilkinson Sword “Light Brigade” NEW Chromium (Shave #6)
Brush: John’s Brushes Silvertip-22mmx48mm
Aftershave: Country Club Frozen Vetiver

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

Proraso White Tub today. 20 seconds to load the John’s Brushes Silvertip brush. Easy, thick, slick, lather. Vintage Wilkinson Sword “Light Brigade” NEW Chromium in the Gillette Red Tip SS. Excellent smooth, close shave. I finished with Country Club Frozen Vetiver aftershave.

Bob

proxy.php

Razor: Fendrihan MKII on WindRose P3 Handle
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft
Lather: RazoRock Emperor
Aftershave: RazoRock Emperor

SOTD_20171122.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom